WATCH: Highlights of COVID-19 Press Conference - April 20
Her Excellency Lolwah bint Rashid Al-Khater, Spokesperson for the Supreme Committee for Crisis Management, announced the latest preventive measures implemented by the State of Qatar to limit the spread of COVID-19 and explains why the number of cases rose during last week.
- Most of the COVID19 infections in Qatar are those who were quarantined, which is evidence of understanding the spread of the virus, says Her Excellency Lolwah bint Rashid Al-Khater during the press conference.
- Family visits were among the most important reasons for the spread of COVID-19 among Qataris in particular.
- Rise in infection in March was due to the return of travelers and most of the infected people are under quarantine and this is controlling the spread of the virus.
- The number of tests has increased during the last few days.
- MoPH has an integrated team to investigate infected and suspected cases in order to stop the spread and conduct a proactive examination so that they do not mix with the community.
- Qatar has the lowest death rate in GCC and the lowest in the world compared to the number of infected patients.
- Qatar ranks first in the percentage of tests compared to the leading countries in order to preserve the safety of the Qatari community and reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Industrial Area update
- The closed part of the Industrial Area will start to open from Wednesday, April 22, starting from street No 1 and 2 and Al Wakalat street.
- Qatar will continue the flow of food and medical supplies and the provision of health care to the residents of the industrial zone.
“Charity for our relatives during the holy month of Ramadan is not to visit them but to avoid social visits”, added Her Excellency Lolwah bint Rashid Al-Khater.
For any queries, or concerns related to COVID-19 in Qatar, the public can contact a 24/7 hotline set up by the Ministry. The hotline number is 16000 and is toll-free.
Here's everything you need to know about the virus, including ways to protect yourself.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living