Government entities to work from 7:00 am to 1:00 pm from May 31

Government entities to work from 7:00 am to 1:00 pm from May 31

By QLNews

The government offices in Qatar will reopen on Sunday, May 31, 2020, after Eid Al-Fitr holidays and will return to 7:00 am to 1:00 pm schedule.

The government entities will adhere to the decision of reducing the number of employees to 20 percent of the total number of employees, while the other 80 percent of employees work remotely from home. This comes under the preventive and precautionary measures to combat new coronavirus (COVID-19).

Earlier, the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) outlined some preventive measures to follow in case of close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case. Close contact of a COVID-19 case is the one who has a face to face contact for at least 15 minutes or is in the same closed space for at least two hours with COVID-19 case.

As Qatar ramps up efforts to limit the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19, all citizens, and residents are obligated to install the EHTERAZ App on smartphones when leaving the house for any reason. 

As of today, May 17, it is mandatory for all individuals (citizens and residents) to wear a face mask in public.

For any queries, or concerns related to COVID-19 in Qatar, the public can contact a 24/7 hotline set up by the Ministry. The hotline number is 16000 and is toll-free.

Here's everything you need to know about the virus, including ways to protect yourself.

--

Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.

Instagram - @qatarliving

Twitter - @qatarliving

Facebook - Qatar Living

COVID-19 Banner
By slowbouncer• 1 month 1 week ago.
slowbouncer

Yes,what about Pvt sector? Without any official email we have started working from 07.30-17.00! Even we had sticker put up temporarily closed and we were working in these days! On top salary cut as well!!

By christofer• 1 month 1 week ago.
christofer

What's about private sector

By ayaz hussain• 1 month 1 week ago.
ayaz hussain

What's about private sector? Is Corona virus for government employees only?

Log in or register to post comments
Qatar to host pan-Arab tournament in December 2021

Qatar to host pan-Arab tournament in December 2021

The tournament will serve as a crucial preparatory event for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.
50 percent of employees can go back to work at offices from July 1: Cabinet

50 percent of employees can go back to work at offices from July 1: Cabinet

His Excellency Qatar’s Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani chaired the Cabinet's regular meeting held earlier today via video conferencing.
QF, HMC and Embassy of Italy combine to fly COVID-19 patients’ plasma from Qatar to Italy

QF, HMC and Embassy of Italy combine to fly COVID-19 patients’ plasma from Qatar to Italy

Plasma from patients in Qatar who have recovered from novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has been flown to Italy to help identify potentially life-saving treatments for the disease.
Qatar pledges $10 million to help WHO combat COVID-19 pandemic

Qatar pledges $10 million to help WHO combat COVID-19 pandemic

The contribution will support WHO's efforts to develop testing equipment, treatment, and vaccine for COVID-19.
WATCH: Qatar Museums to begin reopening museums and heritage sites from July 1

WATCH: Qatar Museums to begin reopening museums and heritage sites from July 1

Qatar Museums, today announced it will reopen a number of its museums and heritage sites to the public on July 1, 2020, with new health and safety protocols.
WATCH: Hamad Medical Corporation to establish diabetes reversal clinic

WATCH: Hamad Medical Corporation to establish diabetes reversal clinic

. The findings of a new research study will change how patients with Type 2 diabetes are cared for in Qatar, with a new diabetes reversal clinic set to open at HMC in the coming months.
WATCH: Daily laboratory capacity for COVID-19 tests will reach 30,000 by July-end

WATCH: Daily laboratory capacity for COVID-19 tests will reach 30,000 by July-end

According to a senior health official at HMC, the daily laboratory capacity for COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)) tests will increase to 30,000 by July-end from the current 20,000.
WATCH: QL Geeks - Home Edition featuring collector Mel Aquino

WATCH: QL Geeks - Home Edition featuring collector Mel Aquino

Watch Shaun chat with Mel Aquino, a collector in Doha. He's not just your average collector with a few fancy pieces. Mel's collection is sure to leave you in awe!