Here are some tips for the visitors at COVID-19 drive-through vaccination centers
As Qatar continues to take measures to protect its citizens and residents against COVID-19, the national vaccination drive against the virus has been picking up speed with 1,248,229 vaccine doses administered as per the weekly update report by the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) on April 18, 2021.
Over the last couple of weeks, the country has established dedicated facilities to ensure its citizens and residents can take the COVID-19 vaccine safely and efficiently.
Yesterday, the MoPH tweeted that more than 110,000 people have used the COVID-19 drive-through vaccination centers at Lusail and Al Wakra.
The drive-through centers have been witnessing huge crowds recently and long waiting period. Due to that, the MoPH has advised citizens and residents to come prepared when visiting the centers with some drinks, snacks, and check if there’s enough fuel in the vehicle.
Here are some tips by MoPH:
1. Note that Ramadan opening hours are from 1:00 pm to midnight, seven days a week. The last entry is usually at 11:00 pm, however, please note at times of very high demand this may be earlier.
2. The centers cater only to people receiving their second dose. You will need to bring your vaccination card, showing the details of your first dose, to gain entry.
3. Those attending the drive-through must be in a vehicle to proceed for their vaccination - and with a maximum occupancy of 4 people per car.
4. You must wait until the due date for your second dose - 21 days after the first dose for Pfizer/BioNTech and 28 days after the first dose for Moderna. No second doses will be administered earlier.
5. People attending the drive-through center are seen on a first-come-first-seen basis. At peak times you may be required to wait while other people are seen first. For this reason, it is important to come prepared:
- Bring a drink and a small snack with you in case the wait is longer than expected.
- Bring a book to read or have something to listen to on your car stereo.
- If possible, avoid bringing young children who may get impatient with any potential delay.
- Ensure that you have enough fuel in your car for the duration of your visit.
- Plan your visit for when you know you do not have any important appointments within the next few hours.
To enable a wider section of Qatar's population to be vaccinated and become protected against COVID-19, the Ministry also lowered the eligibility threshold to 35 years of age.
Visit our Ramadan Page for more useful information about the Holy Month!
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial
can we delay for 3 days of 2nd vaccine from the given date, As me and my family can take to gather...
You can get a Taxi and go there.
I was told to visit Lusail Drive Through for 2nd Dose.
I don't have a car. How can I get my 2nd Dose?