Indoor pools, spas and massage services to resume from September 15
Qatar's Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI) has announced the resumption of indoor swimming pools, spa activities and massage services with reduced capacity from September 15, 2020.
The decision comes under Phase 4 of the gradual lifting of COVID-19 restrictions in Qatar and complements the earlier decisions taken by the country to safeguard the health and safety of citizens and residents and limit the spread of the virus.
The Ministry decided on the following:
- Increasing the occupancy rate of men's hairdressing salons and women's beauty centers to 50 percent of the capacity.
- Allowing the resumption of spa activities, massage services, jacuzzi, Moroccan and Turkish bath services, and indoor swimming pools with a capacity of 30 percent of the normal capacity in hotels.
- Moroccan and Turkish bath and indoor swimming pools in women's beauty centers and gyms with a capacity of 30 percent of the normal capacity, provided that the total area of the facility is not less than 250 square meters, subject to obtaining the prior approval of the Ministry.
- Opening of facilities that provide massage services, Jacuzzis, Moroccan and Turkish bath services, and indoor swimming pools, which is less than 250 square meters, is postponed to the next phase of gradually lifting of restrictions imposed on spa activities.
Furthermore, the Ministry highlighted that the management of health resorts and salons are required to adhere to the precautionary and preventive measures recommended by the Ministry of Public Health and the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labor and Social Affairs.
The Ministry announces the fourth stage of the gradual lifting of restrictions on health resort (spa) activities, massage services and indoor swimming pools #Qatar #YourSafetyIsMySafety pic.twitter.com/fHG9tcIMtB— وزارة التجارة والصناعة (@MOCIQatar) August 31, 2020
The following are the guidelines:
- The number of clients should not exceed the allowed occupancy rate during the current period.
- Clients should be allowed to enter only after checking the 'green status' on their Ehteraz app.
- Examine the temperature of customers at entrances and do not allow individuals whose temperature exceeds 38 degrees Celsius.
- Providing hand sanitizers and soap in all spa and salon facilities.
- Requiring customers to book in advance and preventing them from waiting and gathering inside spas and salons.
- Requiring employees and clients to leave a distance of not less than two meters between them.
The decision also makes it mandatory for all employees and workers to wear medical masks throughout their work period, place safe distance stickers on the floors of spa centers and salons, and frequently sterilize and disinfect all tools and facilities, focusing on door handles, stairs, payment devices, and the equipment and materials used before and after providing services.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial