MoCI bans outdoor car washing in malls and commercial streets
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI) today announced a ban on car washing in public and private parking lots, including outdoor parking lots in malls and on commercial streets.
In a post on its Twitter page, the Ministry said only licensed companies will be able to practice the activity within the underground parking lots (the basement) of commercial and consumer malls.
However, these companies would need to take approval of the entity to which the site belongs, provided that a suitable space is allocated for it, in terms of the number of parking spaces.
#MOCIQATAR has announced a ban on car washing in public and private parking lots, including outdoor ones in malls and on commercial streets. Practicing the activity shall be limited to licensed companies only and within the underground parking lots of malls. pic.twitter.com/4MLvsW59U7— وزارة التجارة والصناعة (@MOCIQatar) April 25, 2021
The Ministry further stressed the need to comply with the general and specific requirements as per the laws and regulations, comprising the following:
- Allocating suitable places for car washing activities that contain drainage points
- Ensuring that employees wear clean and decent uniforms, on which the name of the company and the worker is indicated
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the surrounding space
- Abstaining from following and bothering clients
- Ensuring they provide and use modern means and clean tools when washing cars
- Adhering to all precautionary measures put in place to prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Ministry underlined that all concerned companies must abide by this decision. Any violation of this may result in legal accountability.
Visit our Ramadan Page for more useful information about the Holy Month!
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial