MoCI issues guidelines for reopening of the gymnasiums
As Qatar moves ahead to implement Phase 3 of the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions today, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI) has announced that gymnasiums can resume operations and activities.
According to the decision, all gymnasiums are expected to comply with the precautionary and preventive measures outlined by the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) and the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs (MADLSA), and shall implement the following guidelines:
- To check and measure the temperature of clients on arrival. Individuals whose temperature exceeds 38 degrees Celsius may be denied entry.
- To allow customers entry only after checking the colour code identifying the client's health condition on the Ehteraz app. Only green code holders are allowed in.
- To prevent children under the age of 12 from entering the gym.
- To require clients to bring and use their own towels, personal hygiene kits, and drinking bottles.
- To require employees and clients to maintain a safe distance of no less than two metres from each other, except for family members. The area surrounding each fitness trainer must be at least nine square metres.
- To limit the occupancy rate to 50% of the gym's capacity.
- To encourage clients to pre-book online or by phone to participate in fitness sessions.
According to the Ministry, gymnasiums must also comply with the following measures:
- Staff and employees in the gym must be subjected to regular COVID-19 detection tests, according to the directives of the MoPH.
- Abide by the decision to allow employees aged 60 and above, in addition to pregnant women and individuals with chronic diseases, to work remotely.
- Providing sterile wipes, hand sanitizers, and soap in all gym facilities.
- Complying with the directives of the MoPH on Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems.
- Examining all facilities to ensure their cleanliness (including sports and fitness equipment, etc.) daily prior to opening the gym, in addition to sterilizing and cleaning the equipment every two hours.
- Placing safe distance stickers on all floors of the gym.
- Providing locker keys to the clients at the reception area and visibly sanitizing all keys in front of the clients when handing them out and receiving them back.
- Continuously sterilizing all gym facilities, including administrative offices, warehouses, employee housing, and transportation facilities.
The decision to close saunas, steam baths, jacuzzis, beauty and massage parlours, and indoor swimming pools will remain effective.
This decision is effective from today and may be subject to amendments and updates according to the latest developments in this regard. Any violation of this decision will subject perpetrators to legal accountability and procedures.
The Ministry also stressed that the success of each phase of the easing of COVID-19 restrictions in Qatar will depend on the compliance of everyone to the required preventive and precautionary measures.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial