WATCH:MoCI issues updated guidelines for gymnasiums
As Qatar has successfully entered phase 4 of the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI) has announced the instructions for gradually lifting restrictions at gymnasiums.
“It is decided to make amendments to the decision issued on July 28, 2020, in the third phase of the gradual lifting of restrictions imposed on gymnasiums,” MoCI said on a twitter statement.
According to the decision, all gymnasiums are expected to comply with the precautionary and preventive measures outlined by the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) and the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs (MADLSA), and shall implement the following guidelines:
- Limit the capacity of the gymnasium to only 30% of the total space.
- Employees and customers are required to wear masks while they are inside the gym.
- Require employees and clients to maintain social distancing of not less than 3 meters and the area surrounding one must not be less than 2 square meters in all directions. It is forbidden to hold exercises in groups and the trainer is allowed to train only one person at a time with a commitment to maintaining physical distancing of at least 3 meters.
- Gyms are obligated to close toilets and changing rooms. Providing hand sanitizers and soap in all gym facilities.
- Urge customers to bring their own towels, sanitizers and water bottles.
- Gym personnel must clean and sanitize equipment and tools every two hours.
“This decision will be is effective starting today, September 8, 2020. Any violation of the provisions exposes the perpetrators to legal procedures and accountability. The Ministry affirms that the success of each stage of the comprehensive plan for the gradual lifting of restrictions depends on the commitment of all,” Ministry added.
The Ministry also stressed that the success of each phase of the easing of COVID-19 restrictions in Qatar will depend on the compliance of everyone to the required preventive and precautionary measures.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial