MOCI obliges delivery companies to follow strict precautionary measures
Under efforts focused on ensuring the safety of the citizens and residents in Qatar, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MOCI) has urged all companies dealing with delivery orders to adhere to a set of precautionary measures.
The preventive measures have been outlined in a tweet shared by the Ministry on its official Twitter page.
According to the notice posted in the tweet, all delivery companies must take the following measures:
- Check the body temperature of delivery personnel twice a day.
- Make sure delivery personnel are committed to health and safety conditions, in particular wearing masks and medical gloves.
- Ensure the full name of the delivery person is written on the order.
- The vehicles used for delivery must be sterilized.
- Orders should be placed inside disposable plastic bags before delivering them to consumers.
The Ministry compels companies processing various delivery orders to comply with a set of precautionary measures to preserve the safety of citizens and residents. #Qatar #YourSafetyIsMySafety pic.twitter.com/9D7H9EUR1x— وزارة التجارة والصناعة (@MOCIQatar) March 24, 2020
This adds to the series of efforts MOCI has taken in recent days as Qatar intensifies its fight against the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Apart from that the Ministry also took measures to protect consumers in current times by setting maximum prices for products such as hand sanitizers, wipes and soaps.
Consumers can report any violations of these decisions via the number 16001 or email: infomoci.gov.qa. They can also reach out to the Ministry through its official social media channels.
Here's everything you need to know about the virus, including ways to protect yourself.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living