MoPH extends validity of COVID-19 vaccine for quarantine exemption to six months
Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) updated the previously announced COVID-19 quarantine policy.
The validity of the vaccine in regard to the quarantine exemption period has been extended from the previously approved three months to six months, starting 14 days after the second dose.
The full quarantine exemption criteria are as follows:— وزارة الصحة العامة (@MOPHQatar) March 9, 2021
• 14 days must have passed after receiving the second dose of the vaccine before returning into Qatar and a negative PCR test is required on return to Qatar following travel. pic.twitter.com/MHx1nTYS0G
The full quarantine exemption criteria are as follows:
- 14 days must have passed after receiving the second dose of the vaccine before returning to Qatar and a negative PCR test is required on return to Qatar following travel.
- Individuals may travel any time after receiving the second dose.
- The validity of the vaccine to grant quarantine exemption is valid for a period of six months, starting 14 days after the second dose.
- Non-vaccinated children below 16 years of age returning to Qatar from non-green list countries with fully vaccinated parents are permitted to home quarantine for a period of 7 days.
- The exemption does not currently apply to people vaccinated in other countries.
Qatar has been successfully running its National COVID-19 Vaccination Program since December 2020.
Under the first phase of the program (earlier announced to run until March this year), priority is for the elderly, long-term care and home care patients (aged 70 and above), people with severe or multiple conditions, healthcare professionals (in facilities designated for COVID-19 patients), and key personnel and first responders.
Recently, teachers and school administration staff were added to the current priority list and a temporary COVID-19 Vaccination Center was launched at Qatar National Convention Center (QNCC) to accelerate the vaccination drive.
Last week, a drive-through vaccination facility was also introduced for people to take their second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
As the country looks to further expand the scale of its vaccination program, MoPH has reduced the age limit for the COVID-19 vaccine eligibility to 50 years.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial