New mini golf experience opens at Doha Festival City
Doha Festival City launched a mini-golf activation on January 24, open to all members of the family keen to try their hand at miniature golf. Mini golf is open for three months, until April 24.
The mini golf competition will be hosted in a dedicated 450-square-meter area near Café Ladurée on the first floor of the Mall.
The mini golf is open between 2:00 pm and 10:00 pm on weekdays, and from 2:00 pm to 11:30 pm during the weekend. To participate, shoppers will need to register and purchase a ticket for QAR 30 each.
The most thorough safety guidelines will be applied at the activation area. Each participant will be able to play nine holes for the game.
The competition will be held with the following rules:
- Maximum of three players will be allowed to play per golf hole, with each shot counted as one point till the ball goes into the respective numbered hole.
- A player can make 4 shots per hole maximum.
- The use of hands, legs, or any other means to ease the shoot will lead to direct disqualification, as it will only be allowed to use the putter head to shoot the ball.
- A one-point penalty will be applied for reshooting if a ball goes out of bounds or to the sand area.
- Kids below 12 will have to score 22 points or more to be counted among the winners; the bar will be higher for adults who must score 18 or more to win.
- A Wall of Fame will be set at the mini-golf area, featuring the Top-10 players of each activation day, and the Winner of The Day will be selected among the Top-10.
While the activity will be open for all adults and children, Doha Festival City will also make this experience even more pleasant for ladies with a special ladies-only day organized each week, on Tuesday from 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Children below 12 years old will be allowed to join as well.
All customers are required to present their green Ehteraz app at the entrance to the activation areas, and to wear masks during their visit to Doha Festival City and the mini-golf zone.
Social distancing stickers have been placed throughout the mall and activation areas to ensure customers are following the safe distance measures.
All staff and event organizers will be wearing masks and gloves. Sanitization of all activation areas will be completed after each use, and no more than 27 people will be allowed in the area at a time. Children must be always accompanied by parents or guardians.
To learn more, visit www.dohafestivalcity.com.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial