People vaccinated against COVID-19 outside Qatar will be exempted from quarantine based on certain criteria: MoPH
According to an update on the Ministry of Public Health’s (MoPH) website, people who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 outside of Qatar will be exempted from hotel quarantine based on certain conditions.
For the exemption, vaccinated individuals must meet the following criteria:
- The vaccine received must be approved by MoPH in Qatar, to include:
- Pfizer/BioNTech Vaccine
- Moderna vaccine
- AstraZeneca vaccine
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- The individual must have completed the specified doses, such as a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, and two doses of the other vaccines indicated above.
- A period of 14 days must have passed from the date of receiving the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine and the same period following the second dose of the other vaccines indicated above.
- The individual must present an official certificate or a vaccination card containing the following information:
- The person's name as mentioned in his official documents.
- The date of receipt of doses depending on the type of vaccine.
- The name of the vaccine.
- The serial number of the vaccine.
- The official logo or the official seal of the vaccination facility.
- The individual’s COVID-19 PCR test result must be negative, either by taking the test at one of Qatar's ports of entry or by submitting a certificate authenticating that the person is virus-free by taking the test at one of the vaccination centers accredited by MoPH abroad, provided that the certificate validity should not exceed 72 hours upon arrival.
- The Ehteraz health status will remain green for all persons who meet the above-mentioned criteria. They will, therefore, be exempted from hotel and home quarantine upon entering Qatar.
- If the specified period of (14) days has not passed, citizens and residents returning to Qatar will be subject to home quarantine for (7) days or until the remaining of the (14) days has passed, whichever is shorter.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial