Public transit services to resume at 30 percent capacity from September 1: MoTC
As Qatar moves toward the implementation of the first part of Phase 4 of the gradual lifting of COVID-19 restrictions, the Ministry of Transport and Communications (MoTC) has announced the resumption of the public transit system (buses and metro) at 30 percent capacity from Tuesday, September 1, 2020.
جانب من الإجراءات الاحترازية المتخذة مع استئناف خدمات النقل العام ضمن المرحلة الرابعة للرفع التدريجي للقيود المفروضة على النقل العام— وزارة المواصلات والاتصالات (@MOTC_QA) August 29, 2020
Part of precautionary measures in place as public transit resumes service in Phase 4 of gradual lifting of restrictions on public transit system pic.twitter.com/MLCjdQQ1uO
In continuation of Qatar’s previous decisions and measures to ensure the wellbeing and safety of citizens and residents to stop the spread of COVID-19, the Ministry has decided on the following:
- Resuming public transit (buses and metro) system services at 30 percent capacity according to previous working hours for public transit, in line with The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) guidelines.
- Testing all workers of the public transit system and stations for COVID-19
- Providing supervisors to ensure all precautionary measures are being followed
- Encouraging customers to pre-book ride tickets online
- Allowing entry only for those with ‘green’ status on Ehteraz and those who wear facemasks
- Banning smoking at entrances of public transit and following instructions on guidance posters.
- Banning eating and drinking inside stations and public transit system
MOTC announces public transit (buses and metro) services resume at 30% capacity as of Tues. Sept. 1 as Phase 4 of gradual lifting of COVID-19 curbs on public transit system begins.#Qatar#YourSafetyIsMySafety pic.twitter.com/ygAzYh2oOI— وزارة المواصلات والاتصالات (@MOTC_QA) August 29, 2020
Earlier, Doha Metro announced that it has implemented a series of measures to ensure the safety of everyone as it prepares to get back on track in Phase 4.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial