Qatar, Democratic Republic of Congo sign several agreements
Under the ambition to cement bilateral relations, the leaders of Qatar and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) met in Doha yesterday.
His Highness the Amir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani and President Felix took part in discussions focused on enhancing bilateral cooperation.
The session, which was held at the Amiri Diwan, delved into ways to bolster ties, particularly in the domains of investment, economy, maritime and air transport and infrastructure.
Additionally, the two sides also spoke about consolidating cooperation between Qatar and the African Union.
HH the Amir and President Felix also exchanged views on current regional and international issues of mutual concern.
Following the talks, the two leaders witnessed the signing of a number of agreements between Qatar and DRC. These include:
- an agreement on the promotion and protection of mutual investments
- a general agreement for economic and commercial cooperation
- an agreement for the avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of financial evasion
- an agreement in the field of maritime transport
- an agreement on air services
- a memorandum of understanding for the development and modernization of maritime infrastructure
- a memorandum of understanding between the governments of the State of Qatar and the government of DRC
- a memorandum of understanding in the field of civil aviation and meteorology
- a memorandum of understanding between Qatar Airways and DRC
Several of the Ministers from Qatar as well as members of the delegation accompanying the DRC President also participated in the session.
Earlier an official reception was accorded to the DRC President and the delegation accompanying him at the Amiri Diwan.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial