Qatar Museums announces revised timings for Phase 4
As Qatar has successfully reached the final phase of its gradual lifting of the COVID-19 restrictions today, Qatar Museums (QM) has announced updated timings for the Museum of Islamic Art (MIA), Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art, the Fire Station, and museum libraries.
CEO of Qatar Museums Ahmad Al Namla said, “As the country enters Phase 4 of the gradual lifting of COVID-19 restrictions, Qatar Museums has reassessed its opening timings and is pleased to announce extended hours. With the further easing of restrictions, visitors to our cultural institutions can enjoy more time browsing our temporary and permanent collections and dining at one of our cafes or restaurants."
"Over the coming months, the community can also look forward to a full roster of activities and exhibitions catering to a range of cultural interests and artistic passions," he added.
- All museums except the National Museum of Qatar (NMoQ)
- Al Zubarah, Al Jassasiya, and Barzan Towers
- IDAM restaurant at the Museum of Islamic Art
- Jiwan restaurant at the National Museum of Qatar
- Parks at MIA and NMoQ are now open
- Libraries at the Museum of Islamic Art (MIA) and the National Museum of Qatar (NMoQ) are open during museum hours
- The library at the Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art (Mathaf) is open Sunday – Thursday 9 am to 2:30 pm (There is no restriction on library visitors but the necessary social distancing precautions will apply.)
- Temporary exhibitions are open during museum hours
- Museums and heritage sites are open Sunday – Thursday from 9 am to 7 pm and on Fridays 1:30 pm - 7 pm. The last admission will be 30 minutes before closing.
- National Museum of Qatar, including the Old Palace
MIA Bazaar and NMoQ’s Souq Baraha are canceled until further notice
Exhibitions are open from Sunday to Thursday 9 am – 7 pm and on Fridays 1:30 pm – 7 pm.
IDAM restaurant at the Museum of Islamic Art is open with limited capacity for dinner from Sunday – Thursday from 6pm to 10 pm and closed on Friday and Saturday. Advance reservations are required.
IDAM reservations: +974 4422 4488
Jiwan restaurant at the National Museum of Qatar is open with limited capacity for lunch and afternoon tea from Saturday – Wednesday noon to 5:30 pm. Advance reservations are required.
Jiwan reservations: +974 4452 5725
Desert Rose Café - Saturday to Thursday: 8 am to 8 pm; and Friday: 1 pm to 8 pm.
MIA Café - Saturday to Thursday: 9 am to 7 pm; and Friday: 1:30 pm to 7 pm.
MIA Park kiosks:
MIA Park Kiosk Café - daily from 3 pm to 10 pm.
Picco Café Kiosk: closed until further notice.
Hilal Food Truck - daily from 1 pm to 10 pm.
Moons Café Kiosk: closed until further notice.
Café 999 - Sunday to Saturday: 8 am to 11 pm, with a break for Friday prayers between 11 am and 1 pm.
In accordance with guidelines from the Ministry of Public Health, visitors will require to pre-book tickets on the QM website, present a 'green' health status on the Ehteraz application.
- Except for children under 12, visitors must bring their own masks and wear a face mask throughout the duration of their visit.
- Tickets must be shown on the mobile phone or a printed copy must be presented in the entry.
Though NMoQ galleries remain closed, the museum will launch two digital exhibitions: Qatar’s Culinary Journey and Habitat & Shelters, exploring themes from its permanent galleries as well as content curated by the wider community.
For more information about the upcoming virtual exhibitions, visit qm.org.qa.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial
Source: Qatar Museums