Qatar Museums invites artists to submit proposals to JEDARIART Open Call
Are you looking to participate in a creative project? Worry not! Qatar Museums (QM) has got you covered. Throughout the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, QM has been organizing several exciting virtual events.
Recently, QM has launched JEDARIART Open Call and invites artists to submit their proposals.
JEDARIART brings together artists to add vibrancy and meaning to the walls across Doha through carefully curated murals and street art.
The aim of JEDARIART is to activate urban areas and artistic intervention inviting artists to submit proposals for the Fire Station walls and designated districts creating new reference points for people to go and visit across Doha.
The deadline for submission is on September 27, 2020.
These are the guidelines to apply:
- The proposal must be for mural or street art to be placed on wall space. QM will assign a wall to the selected artist.
- Selected artists will have 10 days to finish their murals.
- Artists will receive a monetary amount to cover the project.
- By accepting the commission, the artist must be willing to conduct a workshop if requested.
- The artist may consider the relevance to the community and what message they would like to convey through their work.
- This opportunity is for Qatari artists and artists based in Qatar of any nationality (applicants must hold a valid Qatar residence permit).
- The artist must be over 18.
Here is how you can apply:
- Download the application form from the Qatar Museums website.
- Fill in all the relevant details.
- Send your application and proposal to PAOpenCall@qm.org.qa.
Additionally, QM also launched internships programs for university students, recent graduates, and talented members of the community for a period of 3, 6, and 12 months according to QM’s operational requirements and needs of the Interns; with an option of Remote, Regular and Blended programs. The deadline for applicants for Fall Internships is on October 1, 2020.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial
Source: Qatar Museums