Qatar National Library extends visiting hours; Issues new guidelines
Phase 4 has been split into two as announced by the Supreme Committee for Crisis Management on August 26, 2020.
The first stage commenced on September 1, 2020, with the resumption of several activities and services in line with the necessary precautionary and preventive measures to protect everyone against COVID-19.
Qatar National Library (QNL) reopened its doors to the public on July 15, 2020. Recently, QNL issued new guidelines for Phase 4.
For everyone’s safety, the library visit will continue to be by appointment only. Moreover, visitors will be allowed into the building only if they fulfill the following conditions:
- Have a confirmation of their slot booking through the form below
- Are between ages 13 and 60
- Have a green status on the Ehteraz app
- Have a temperature of no more than 37.8 degrees Celsius
- Have a face mask or shield
- Only 100 people will be allowed in the building during the 8:00 am to 10:00 am time slot and 150 people during the other two time slots (10:30 am to 2:30 pm and 3:30 pm to 7:30 pm).
- Social distancing rules everywhere in the library is mandatory. Stand only on designated stickers whenever queuing.
- Social gatherings of more than 10 people are strictly restricted in the library and will be monitored by the security.
- Reading carrels may be used on a first-come, first-use basis, with only one user inside each carrel.
- To borrow books, you need to request them in advance at least 2 working days before the time slot you have booked for your library visit. You will need your library ID to self-checkout these books.
- The Heritage Library is reopening, and the Heritage Reading Room is also available to users for selected heritage and reference materials. Heritage Library materials are accessible primarily by requesting a digital copy via this email (email@example.com).
- No public group tours will be conducted in the library, including the Heritage Library Exhibition Area, until further notice. Individual visits are permitted by appointment only through the booking form below, and all health precautions must be followed.
- The Children's Library and the Young Adults' Area will remain closed until further notice.
- For their safety, pregnant women are not allowed into the library during this phase of reopening.
- If you want to use the Innovation Stations, please send a booking request by email to (firstname.lastname@example.org). One of the staff will get back to you on your request and the date and time when you need to book your visit to the library. The time slots available for booking the Innovation Stations (Sunday to Thursday) are:
8:00 am - 10:00 am
10:30 am - 12:30 pm
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
For booking your slot, please click here.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial