Qatar records first death in fight against COVID-19

Qatar records first death in fight against COVID-19

By QLNews

In today’s COVID-19 statistics, the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) announced that Qatar recorded its first death in the fight against the Coronavirus (COVID-19).

The tragic news comes amongst the announcement of 28 new cases and 2 recoveries.

MoPH states that, the death was of a Bangladeshi citizen who was 57 years old and was suffering from chronic diseases. Our sympathies go out to the families affected by this news.

It was also announced that two patients who had contracted COVID-19 in Qatar have beat the virus. The two patients have recovered from the COVID-19 infection are Qatari citizens. With these, the total number of COVID-19 recovery in Qatar has now reached 45.

So far, at least 16,582 people have undergone COVID-19 testing in Qatar.

As health authorities in the country continue to implement the highest level of monitoring, detection, and management procedures to deal with the virus, the public has been advised to follow certain measures to safeguard their health.

This includes washing your hands often, using hand sanitizers, and keeping a distance of at least one meter (3 feet) from people who have symptoms of illness.

MoPH also advises citizens and residents to use a sleeve to cover the nose and mouth while coughing and sneezing in public or to use tissue paper and dispose it appropriately.

For any queries, or concerns related to COVID-19 in Qatar, the public can contact a 24/7 hotline set up by the Ministry. The hotline number is 16000 and is toll-free.

Here's everything you need to know about the virus, including ways to protect yourself. 

---

Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.

Instagram - @qatarliving

Twitter - @qatarliving

Facebook - Qatar Living

COVID-19 Banner
By toriola y oluwatosin• 2 months 8 hours ago.
toriola y oluwatosin

Hmmmm....Lord have mercy

By thaiviji• 2 months 8 hours ago.
thaiviji

The measures taken by the Qatar Government and MoPH is very commendable and much appreciated in being open about the COVID 19 situation, giving accurate information, opening helplines, shutting shops other than the essential ones. A big thank you.

I hope they close down skin treatment clinics as well as it can be done at a later time, and they pose a risk to other patients going for other emergency health conditions. The fewer people out, safer for the larger population.

Log in or register to post comments
Online activities for children to keep them entertained at home

Online activities for children to keep them entertained at home

Looking for some fun online activities for your children? Don't worry! We have got you covered. Check out a few online activities to keep your children occupied and happy during the pandemic.
HIA named best airport in the Middle East, third best in the world by SKYTRAX

HIA named best airport in the Middle East, third best in the world by SKYTRAX

For the sixth year in a row, HIA has been declared the "Best Airport in the Middle East," by the SKYTRAX World Airport Awards 2020. HIA also secured the title of the third best airport in the world.
QFA announces to resume football action between July 24-August 26

QFA announces to resume football action between July 24-August 26

The Qatar Football Association (QFA) has set the date to resume local competitions for the remaining part of the 2019-20 season.
All user data on Ehteraz app is completely confidential, says top official

All user data on Ehteraz app is completely confidential, says top official

From today, May 22, 2020, it is mandatory for all citizens and residents of Qatar to install the 'Ehteraz' app on their mobile phones.
WATCH: Face masks mandatory in public: MOI

WATCH: Face masks mandatory in public: MOI

Qatar's Ministry of Interior (MOI) has reminded citizens and residents in Qatar to abide by the Cabinet's decision, regarding wearing facemasks upon leaving the house, for any reason, except when alone in a vehicle while driving. The decision has been effective from Sunday, May 17, 2020, until further notice.
WATCH: Cabinet announced new precautionary measures to combat COVID-19

WATCH: Cabinet announced new precautionary measures to combat COVID-19

The country's Cabinet has announced that the precautionary measures in place to protect the health and ensure the safety of citizens and residents will remain in effect.
WATCH: Everything you need to know about Eid Al-Fitr 2020 in Qatar

WATCH: Everything you need to know about Eid Al-Fitr 2020 in Qatar

Although there will be no community events and gatherings this year, those celebrating can make the most of the unique time with their loved ones at home.
WATCH: HH the Amir inspects production of ventilators at Barzan Holding Company

WATCH: HH the Amir inspects production of ventilators at Barzan Holding Company

His Highness the Amir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani yesterday visited the Research and Development Center at Barzan Holding Company to view production lines for the manufacturing of the (Savr-Q) ventilators.