WATCH: Healthy ways to exercise during Ramadan
During the holy month of Ramadan, eating and sleeping routine changes immensely. This period is a good opportunity for individuals who are trying to maintain a healthy diet and lose weight.
Research has shown that fasting for 30 consecutive days without any kind of exercise or physical activity can result in loss of strength and fitness.
As this year, Ramadan falls in summer and amidst coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, it is important to exercise at home to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
If you are planning to workout before Iftar, then precautions should be taken into consideration and proper guidelines should be followed. Exercising just before Iftar can be done in an air-conditioned location and should be limited to 60 minutes. After breaking the fast, make sure to drink enough water and fluids to replenish salts and minerals lost in the body.
After Iftar, one should exercise after three hours of breaking the fast to allow the body to complete the digestion process.
Tips and guidelines for exercising during Ramadan by Hamad Medical Corporation:
- Perform physical activity for 30 minutes at least every day in an air-conditioned location.
- High intensity and aggressive exercise should be avoided during fasting hours as warm temperature affects body fluid which could lead to dehydration.
- Plan your time to exercise, either before Iftar or after Iftar.
- After breaking fast all the body’s energy is directed towards the digestion of food. It is better to avoid exercising immediately after Iftar.
- If you are not sure about your health, consult a physician before starting to exercise during Ramadan.
- Reduce physical inactivity at home such as sitting in front of the television or computer for a long time. Engage in household chores.
- If you experience nausea, dizziness, shortness of breath, or chest pain, stop exercising immediately.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. [url=https://www.bestexbike.com/best-rowing-machines-under-500/]best rowing exerciser[/url]