WATCH: Qatar reintroduces restrictions to combat the COVID-19 pandemic
With the aim of curbing the spread of the coronavirus in Qatar, the State Cabinet had announced that a 32-point plan will be imposed starting February 4, 2021.
Moreover, restrictions on weddings will come into effect starting February 7, 2021. The 32-point that will be imposed is as follows.
- According to the need, no more than 80 percent of the total number of employees in the government sector work at their place of work, while the remaining employees work remotely from their homes or on request, depending on circumstances.
- No more than 80 percent of the total number of workers in the private sector work at their place of work, and the rest of them work remotely from their homes.
- In the government and private sectors no more than 15 people are to attend meetings while taking precautions and precautionary measures.
- All citizens and residents on leaving their house for any reason to wear masks, unless the person is alone while driving the vehicle.
- All citizens and residents to activate the EHTERAZ application on smartphones when leaving the house for any reason.
- Continuing to open mosques to perform daily duties and Friday prayers while continuing to close toilets and ablution facilities.
- No more than 5 people in closed places and no more than 15 people in open places, during visits, in condolences, and in gatherings.
- No more than 15 people in winter camps.
- Not to hold weddings in closed and open spaces until further notice, with the exception of weddings held at home or in the majlis, and in the presence of no more than 10 people in enclosed spaces and 20 people in open spaces from the relatives of the spouses, notifying the Ministry of Interior of the date and place of the wedding ceremony and pledge to abide by the controls, procedures and precautionary measures, in accordance with the mechanism specified by the Ministry.
- Closure of playgrounds and sports equipment in public parks, beaches, and the corniche, with gatherings being limited to 15 people.
- No more than four people allowed in a vehicle, including the driver of the vehicle, with the exception of families when leaving and moving in vehicles.
- Continuation of what was decided to reduce the number of people who are transported by buses to half the bus capacity, while taking precautions and precautionary measures.
- Continuing to operate metro services and public transport with a capacity not exceeding 30%.
- Reducing the capacity of driving schools to not exceeding 25 percent.
- Continuing the work of cinemas and theaters with a capacity not exceeding 30 percent and not allowing entry to persons under 18 years old.
- Reducing the capacity of educational centers and private training centers to 30 percent.
- Reducing the capacity of nurseries and childcare to 30 percent.
- Reducing the capacity of public museums and libraries to 50 percent.
- Only allow individual educational sessions to be held in centers designated for people with special needs.
- Training for professional sports teams is limited to no more than 40 people in open spaces and 20 people in closed places, with the presence of the audience prohibited.
- Obtaining prior approval from the Ministry of Public Health to organize local and international sporting events, while prohibiting public attendance in closed spaces and allowing their presence in open spaces with a capacity not exceeding 20 percent.
- Obtaining prior approval from the Ministry of Public Health to hold exhibitions, conferences, and various events.
- Continuing the work of commercial complexes with a capacity that does not exceed 50 percent, with the closure of all common restaurant yards inside the commercial complexes and allowing these restaurants to make external orders or deliver them inside the restaurant only.
- Allowing restaurants and cafes to provide food and beverages indoors with a capacity that does not exceed 15 percent, and restaurants with a "Clean Qatar" program with a capacity not exceeding 30 percent, and allowing all restaurants and cafes to provide food and drinks in their open spaces with the capacity not exceeding 50 percent.
- Stopping the services of renting boats, tourist yachts, and pleasure boats. Owners of boats and personal yachts are obligated, if they are used, that no more than 15 people are on board.
- Reducing the capacity of popular markets to 50 percent.
- Reducing the capacity of wholesale markets to 30 percent.
- Reducing the capacity of hairdressing and beauty salons to 30 percent.
- Closing down amusement parks and all entertainment centers in commercial complexes inside closed places, and allowing them to work in open spaces only, with a capacity not exceeding 30 percent.
- Continuing the work of health clubs and physical training clubs with a capacity not exceeding 30 percent, and the continued provision of massage services in five-star hotels only with a capacity not exceeding 30 percent, and the closure of saunas and steam rooms, Jacuzzi services, and Moroccan and Turkish baths.
- Closing all indoor swimming pools and indoor water parks and continuing to operate outdoor swimming pools and outdoor water parks with a capacity not exceeding 30 percent.
- The work of private health care facilities continues to provide all their services.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial