09.05.2009 - 07.30 am : Speed Kills

Dracula
By Dracula

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

COVID-19 Banner
By Mitzzyy Mitz• 12 years 8 months ago.
Rating: 5/5
Mitzzyy Mitz

I think this is just a regular scenario for the authorities here...

Mitzzyy Mitz '09

By SamyaUK• 12 years 8 months ago.
SamyaUK

In the UK the road test could go on for over half an hour per person, over here i was in the car with the police man for 30 seconds, i turned left then right then pulled over.. PASS!! loool its hilarious...

By SamyaUK• 12 years 8 months ago.
SamyaUK

The problem is, getting a driving licence here is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to easy... let them make the tests the same how we have back home in the UK and i am 100% sure that 85% of the people here in Qatar wouldnt have a driving licence!

By verisimilitude• 12 years 8 months ago.
verisimilitude

Who are 'these' people you are referring to...

and you went on to hint that 'these' people drive buses, taxis and trucks...

surely... you don't mean to say...

By mjamille28• 12 years 8 months ago.
mjamille28

ouch... :/

By Dracula• 12 years 8 months ago.
Rating: 4/5
Dracula

Al Shamal Road

Dracula

daily i can see 4-5 "movies" like that!

startin' tomorrow, my camera is ready...

You can't have a light without a dark to stick it in!

By haadian7• 12 years 8 months ago.
haadian7

Driving in Qatar can get really hairy (scary) , everyday you would be sure to see at least 2 accidents on the road, max on some days 4-5.I have lived in various countries and I have to say over here has got to be the top of the list for dangerous driving. Its more scary when you have your kids in the car. Cutting lanes without signalling, roundabouts are a nightmare, people refusing to give way when you do want to filter and signal to do so, they speed up when they see you. Speed speed speed seems like the way to go here! Recently I was honked by a Land Cruiser at the roundabout, I had to stop for a car coming through at the roundabout, he signalled for me to go-go-go! I had all my kids in the car, no way I was going to be silly with my driving. I again braked at a road hump and he became livid, he chased after me on the road divider for a good 200m and suddenly cut in front of me and continued to jam brake a few times. I do not understand the impatience of some drivers sometimes, you will reach your destination, better safe than sorry. Some people behave like its their right all the time forgetting this land, this world, the last time, I checked belongs to God not them. Patience is a virtue.

Faith & Love ... the key ingredients in LIFE..

Dracula

lol, Vegas!

You can't have a light without a dark to stick it in!

By Counselor• 12 years 8 months ago.
Rating: 3/5
Counselor

Perhaps the reason nobody's taking the dangerous drivers off the road so they re-take a decent test is that those driving the landcruisers might have to be pulled off too. I find Britexpat's hypothesis quite likely.

By novita77• 12 years 8 months ago.
Rating: 3/5
novita77

they drive heavy loaded truck but imagining themself on F1 race track.

By toxic_nurse• 12 years 8 months ago.
Rating: 2/5
toxic_nurse

thats near my place, im in al khor

All is fair in love and war....????

By Oryx• 12 years 8 months ago.
Oryx

Samya you are right

they should drag every dangerous driver off the road here and make them take the UK test...

some of them are so pathetic they dont even know they are driving badly.

simple..traffic problem solved

novita77

yes I know Samya ... but if you hv to stop these people getting the licenses, practically the economy in Qatar will stop. Who will drive the busses, taxis and trucks?

By anonymous• 12 years 8 months ago.
anonymous

britexpat....nice deduction...

By Stone Cold• 12 years 8 months ago.
Stone Cold

Its the shabby dressed driver. Have seen many of them and one may wonder how on earth did they ended up here driving trucks. They are fit for something else.

By anonymous• 12 years 8 months ago.
anonymous

When will they ever learn?

I will hoist that up the flag pole and see who salutes it!!

novita77

agree Samya !!! 100 percents ...

How can these people who dont know how to turn the indicator on, cant read the traffic signs getting the license???

By buntsokoy_rich• 12 years 8 months ago.
buntsokoy_rich

ow another accident, huh? so badddddddd....

...Love is not in the desire to lay with SOMEONE, but in the need to sleep next to SOMEONE...

-hal ko-

By ajnabi0707• 12 years 8 months ago.
ajnabi0707

less care leeds major problemz

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

"(The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost.)"

By toxic_nurse• 12 years 8 months ago.
toxic_nurse

where it happened? industrial area? gory

All is fair in love and war....????

By britexpat• 12 years 8 months ago.
britexpat

Could it be that a car driver cut this guy up and he braked shrply causing the jackknife ???

By Vegas• 12 years 8 months ago.
Vegas

You can't teach experience...

More from Qatar Living

Qatar Museum launches into the new year with a compelling January programme

Qatar Museum launches into the new year with a compelling January programme

The programme includes art workshops, gallery visits, and training that inspire creative interaction among the local community
Mental health during the pandemic should be prioritized: Experts

Mental health during the pandemic should be prioritized: Experts

Research studies and surveys conducted by experts depict a sharp rise in anxiety and depressive cases among people. Experts have stressed that it is crucial to take care of one’s emotional well-being too, apart from physical health.
FIFA World Cup 2022 group stage draw in to happen in April

FIFA World Cup 2022 group stage draw in to happen in April

The Fifa Committee has announced the dates for the very first opening match of the FIFA World Cup 2022
Katara Announces Second Edition of Arabian Horse Festival

Katara Announces Second Edition of Arabian Horse Festival

Katara reveals the three categories of the Festival: Arabian Peninsula Horse Show: Arabian Horse Auction, and the Title Show. The festival will kickstart from 2 February, 2022
B4 Development makes giant strides in 2021

B4 Development makes giant strides in 2021

FIFA World Cup™ legacy programme continues to support the development of behavioural science across the region
Travel and Return Policies Updated by MoPH

Travel and Return Policies Updated by MoPH

The Ministry of Public Health has updated the country lists on the 28th of December based on Covid-19 risks and the Travel and Return Policy. The updates will come into effect at 7 pm on January 1, 2022.
Katara Announces Movie Screenings at Al Thuraya Planetarium

Katara Announces Movie Screenings at Al Thuraya Planetarium

The Cultural Village Foundation - Katara has announced movie screenings at the Al Thuraya Planetarium that showcase various aspects of astronomy
Top 5 New Year's Resolutions 2022

Top 5 New Year's Resolutions 2022

With 2022 just around the corner, we're all wrapping up the remaining bits of 2021, QL's team has their very own New Year's Resolution that we plan to keep and convince others to join too!