9/11...8 years on...I remember you

diamond
By diamond

8 years on, I still miss my friend. I wonder how her unborn baby would have turned out, how many children she would have had. I miss hearing her laugh and hanging out with her in our favourite cafe. I try not to think about how she died, how she took her last breath.

To her, and all others all over the world, who have died in senseless acts of madness, I remember you.

The memory of you and our times together will always warm my heart.

By britexpat• 12 years 9 months ago.
britexpat

I too lost a dear friend and hiswhole family in a terrorist attack in Riyadh..

Time heals all wounds, but memories and questions always remain :O(

By Mandilulur• 12 years 9 months ago.
Mandilulur

I, too, lost friends and co-workers. Today is a day for tears and prayers.

Mandi

By LeisaF779• 12 years 9 months ago.
LeisaF779

May they rest in peace.

And may the scum who commited those acts rot.

By anonymous• 12 years 9 months ago.
anonymous

That gave me so much comfort because I knew that her faith lightened her load. We sat together many evenings in her final months and discussed Islam and I was able to share my own excitement in my faith all over again, through her.

Bless your heart, dear Diamond, for bringing this memory to me today.

I didn't drink the kool-aid! -- PM

By diamond• 12 years 9 months ago.
diamond

Thanks...she was a wonderful person and loved by many. She was a attending a meeting.

She had recently converted to Islam and was on an exciting voyage of discovery. I'm glad she didn't know it was so-called Muslims who murdered her. They are sick people with twisted minds.

-------------------------------------

By anonymous• 12 years 9 months ago.
anonymous

I lost my best friend to a brain tumor 5 years ago and I still keenly feel the hole in my life that she filled.

May God bless the victims of the cruel acts of others and comfort us who have suffered the loss of loved ones.

I didn't drink the kool-aid! -- PM

More from Qatar Living

Entertainment centers for kids in Qatar

Entertainment centers for kids in Qatar

Wondering where to take your kids this summer? Here's a fun list of entertainment centers for kids in Qatar!
Explore these family beaches in Qatar

Explore these family beaches in Qatar

From being the ideal getaway spot with families to the perfect BBQ venture, Qatar's family beaches come with facilities and safe waters for the entire family to enjoy.
Trendy ice creams to try in Qatar

Trendy ice creams to try in Qatar

This summer 2022, try out the most trending ice creams in Qatar. Check out the ones listed here!
Hamad International Airport issues passenger advisory guidelines for Eid-ul-Adha holidays

Hamad International Airport issues passenger advisory guidelines for Eid-ul-Adha holidays

Guidelines for the upcoming Eid vacations by Hamad International Airport to ensure a smooth travel experience through the airport.
Where to buy candles in Qatar?

Where to buy candles in Qatar?

Scented candles, custom candles, or vegan candles, find all from these stores in Qatar
5 rules for sending out work emails

5 rules for sending out work emails

Communication is important, and this is especially true when it comes to the workplace. One of the most significant ways for colleagues to communicate is through email.
Discovering public beaches in Qatar

Discovering public beaches in Qatar

Qatar is host to some of the most scenic beaches with some of the best memories of locals and expats being made here. From spotting marine life to camping on the beach, public beaches have always been popular in the country.
Water sports/activities to try in Qatar

Water sports/activities to try in Qatar

Experience water sports cars, jet boat rides, jet skis, parasailing and much more in Qatar at these places