Doha : 153 road accidents in rains

By Ajnas

A total of 153 traffic accidents have been reported in and around Doha during the first day of rains, local Arabic daily Arrayah reported.
There were 35 accidents in Khalifa Town. An Asian young man suffered injuries when he was knocked down by a car while crossing Al Sadd Street.
Al Rayan saw 30 accidents, including 10 severe ones. Al Mamoura had 88 accidents, without injuries.

Published: Tuesday, 15 January, 2008, 02:23 AM Doha Time

COVID-19 Banner
By amnesia• 12 years 9 months ago.
amnesia

@redpop, we're not flipping coins here :P

By anonymous• 12 years 9 months ago.
anonymous

qrmini - pl. tell me where to buy one. I need that one badly to fix to my car and Why the hell they allow these idiots to install Xenon Lights which is a road hazard..

By qrmini• 12 years 9 months ago.
Rating: 4/5
qrmini

If there is anotehr Qatari Flashing at me while I am driving at normal speed. I will stop my car and block the traffic until the Polic come.

I also want to mount a concave mirror at the back of my car to reflect their flash so they got instant blindness from their Landcrusier's Xenon light and get their accident, which they deserved.

Rating: 2/5
anonymous

Amnesia

Is a 50-50 prediction. No one is excuse.

The Red Pope of Qatar Living

amnesia

sometimes I don't understand what you are going on about hardy.

Is it me or are people's emotions clouding their judgement too easily?

As usual I'll have to explain myself in detail so people do not assume they know more about me than they really do.

"I feel no sympathy for them". It means I have no sympathy for those that are in accidents because of their wreckless driving. This refers to the people who are careless and cause the accident, not the innocent people that are affected by the bad drivers.

"I wonder what the nationalities and the types of drivers they were."

I am personally interested in statistics.

"My money is on pick ups and minivans driven by labourers."

Of all of the accidents I see more often than others, I see what I have mentioned. Hence my 'bet'. Nobody would 'bet' on something without a reason.

I NEVER said that they would be the ONLY people that are the 'cause' for the accident.

You equally wanted to go and blame Qatari drivers for flashing you. A bit one sided aren't we?

Let's go by what I mean rather than what I don't mean.

By dragonfly212• 12 years 9 months ago.
dragonfly212

I saw one man on bicycle got know down by small van. the man was on the ground and the next car took him to hospital while the van and the bicycle remain on the spot till the police the came.

what horrible scene.

Everybody is right and Everybody is wrong, its depend where you stand

By MattyHardingLower• 12 years 9 months ago.
MattyHardingLower

WOW Again.....I must drive on different roads to Amnesia.

"I feel no sympathy for most people who have accidents here. It's like they beg for it"

For someone who seems to hold respect and intelligence on this board thats an absolutely ridiculous statement.

I agree that some of the drivers employed to carry labourers cannot negotiate roundabouts or indicators. However, Ive never been flashed and abused by one to 'hurry up' through an automated carwash. ( I was going as fast as I could in neutral).

Speed is the killer here my friend, lets not BS.

Rating: 5/5
amnesia

I feel no sympathy for most people who have accidents here. It's like they beg for it.

I feel sorry for those who get affected by wreckless drivers.

I wonder what the nationalities and the types of drivers they were.

My money is on pick ups and minivans driven by labourers.

anonymous

theres always room left for some more ;-)

By nadt• 12 years 9 months ago.
nadt

Alexa you wont need to forget that horrible scene, its very common..i see it all the time....poor children, they have no idea their lives are in danger.....

anonymous

Did he wave at you too?

nadt

yes lima foxtrot ...move foot away from the peddle and place it on the dashboard....works very well for some......

By lima foxtrot• 12 years 9 months ago.
lima foxtrot

quite grasped the idea of how to take their foot off of the accelerator. It's quite easy to do really, move foot away from the peddle.

[img_assist|nid=58488|title=|desc=|link=none|align=center|width=130|height=98]

anonymous

All chaos and rubbish .....

nadt

I totally agree with matty's comment.......It scares me to go out on the roads with these drivers who dont believe in brakes, dont indicate, cut people off and SPEEEEEEED. Its really really scary. When are drivers going to take this matter seriously, so much for the point system...Drive safely....

By MattyHardingLower• 12 years 9 months ago.
MattyHardingLower

What suprises me more is

a)why people still drive like complete D***H***S.

b) Why build roads without proper drainage. Its not like its never rained here before.

c) How more people were not killed, got to be sheer luck i guess.

Humanity is simply a parade of fools....and im right at the front twirling the biggest baton anyones ever seen.

anonymous

I'm surprised that there were not more accidents reported, I saw probably 20 myself

More from Qatar Living

Qatar to provide COVID-19 vaccine free of charge to all residents

Qatar to provide COVID-19 vaccine free of charge to all residents

The COVID-19 vaccine will be provided free of charge to Qatar residents, a senior health official said in an interview with Qatar TV.
Qatar will now allow foreigners to own properties in more areas

Qatar will now allow foreigners to own properties in more areas

Qatar announced today that the foreigners and foreign firms will be allowed to own real estate in more areas across the country to attract overseas funds as well as to diversify the economy.
15 awesome places through the lens of Instagrammers in Qatar

15 awesome places through the lens of Instagrammers in Qatar

Today we've decided to feature a list of 15 different landmarks and places in Qatar clicked by different Instagrammers in Qatar.
QL Exclusive: An interview with Qatari entrepreneur and shoe designer Hissa Haddad

QL Exclusive: An interview with Qatari entrepreneur and shoe designer Hissa Haddad

Qatar Living speaks to the Qatari entrepreneur, Hissa Haddad, who is the founder of Hissa Haddad footwear in Qatar, to learn more about her experience as a shoe designer.
WATCH:Qatar in advanced discussions with several pharmaceutical companies to procure COVID-19 vaccine: MoPH official​​

WATCH:Qatar in advanced discussions with several pharmaceutical companies to procure COVID-19 vaccine: MoPH official​​

A senior official has confirmed that Qatar is in advanced negotiations with several international pharmaceutical companies to procure a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as it is released for global use.
WATCH:Qatar on track to meet carbon neutral commitments for FIFA World Cup

WATCH:Qatar on track to meet carbon neutral commitments for FIFA World Cup

With sustainability at the heart of the preparations for FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy (SC) is on track to achieve its commitment to deliver the first-ever carbon neutral FIFA World Cup and leave a legacy of climate action for Qatar and the region.
WATCH: QL Adventures visits X-Ten Archery

WATCH: QL Adventures visits X-Ten Archery

For this edition, we put ourselves up for another challenge. We head out to X-Ten Archery to learn more about the art of the bow and arrow.
WATCH:Qatar extends financial and economic incentives for private sector

WATCH:Qatar extends financial and economic incentives for private sector

At a regular Cabinet meeting, chaired by His Excellency the Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, it was decided that the incentives for the private sector will be extended for another three months.