EZDAN Construction quality
Just another day a friend of mine shifted to EZDAN compound which is loacated in Wakrah and which have Two bedrooms with dinning/sitting, kitchen, two bathrooms fully furnished.It was surprise for me to note the quality of the construction is not worth what they are charging as rent and with 6 months free, as soon as he shifted the other day we found few floor tiles comming out in the sitting area and as we opened the bathroom door, we found the door hit the wash basin.(Planning Defects).Its really a very very very bad quality of construction.My concern is its not worth the money they are charging as a rent.This is just an info for prospectus Tenents who r planning to shift to the compound.
Yes, they have the worst construction EVER! All the tiles except the ones in the sitting room are popping out.We manage to cover it with lots of carpets.Feel so embarrassed to invite guests.Floor looks so cheap. Maintenance is also a big zero!Our AC was probably made when my grandpa was born.Its super old and it stopped working 2 months back.With summer approaching, its too hard to sleep without the AC.Called them a million times but no one has turned up till date to repair it.Same with plumbing!Bathroom stinks so bad no matter how many times we clean it,coz of d stink from the drainage!We are planng 2 move out as soon as dis contract period is over and v will NEVER recommend Ezdan!
We didn't imagine that people with jobs would resort to such levels of jargon but hey we have our sunny disposition intact and we are all going to take a hike and vote with our feet !!!
4. the tenant then kept calling us and apartments kept getting booked/ let off/ and then re-booked again
5. the tenant even wanted to accompany us - not to the apartments that were apparently fully booked - but to the villas
6. when the tenants plan didn't materialize even the neighbours were roped in - so the doors were propped open to check if our cars were passing by.
7. of course the downpour didn't matter at this point.
8. when one of our other friends went to inquire so as to go ahead with the deal - the tenant was on the other line calling the only number that they had to find out our location!
our group requested this couple to share their experiences-
1. there were no apartments because everyone apparently wanted them so they were all "crossed" out on the plan BUT hold on - "there were lots of villas available"
2. there was no cash deposit to be paid BUT there was 12+5 months free!
3. they had even invited the agent to their house the next day and perhaps didn't mean to spill the beans - but I guess there was a "gift" waiting to be collected from the office - and all this said by the agent to the tenant in front of us!
Having visited Ezdan and reading about the posts; it is true!
The compounds are atrocious.
1st floor apartments-
1. loads of dead roaches and countless eggs due to the fact that the apartments haven't been occupied
2. that made us all wonder about the state of the bed mattresses infested with creepy crawly bed bugs - hideous!
3. there is constant water logging. not sure how great this is for kids playing in absolute dirt ridden filthy water
4. clueless about getting electricity and water connection
Marwan_T: Oh pleeeeez! give us all a break here Marwan! It's not only this specific OP having issues with the bad service and quality at your Azdan compounds.
almost everybody I met who lives there complains about the poor set up you have at the Azadn housing projects.
so instead of suspecting the Op's intentions for posting this how about a lil more down to earth communication in prvt pms with the uh!
Well judging from your comment, it seems that either you haven't tried them all, or wanna be sarcastic and shining in this forum, or had a really bad experiences from well known landlords. My dear friend, our company's name ALONE talks about it's great quality and service. Enough is said ;)
Old story everywhere.
The words professionalism, quality, and good service are all alien concepts to the Qatari Market, and specifically the Real Estate Sector
If anybody needs to live a quality living in qatar, and cares much about details and luxury, please let me know as we are the owners of luxury compounds throughout Qatar. Do not hesitate to call and ask for more info on: 77207961
For 3600... I dont think you can get a compund two bed room apartment anywhere else with 24 security and other sport facility
For 2 bedrooms: FULLY FURNISHED, Free Water and Electricity, Free 6 months rent ...
Rent: 5,300 x 12/18 = 3,533.33 riyals/month .... so what kind of "WORTH" are you talking about?
There are many defects at the Ezdan Villages and due to mass constructions it is normal, you could send a letter to the compound office complaining all the defect and they fix it. most people swift due to the fact of six months free period. But the biggest problem arises from the unruly behavior of the (Non Qatari ) Arabic Children, They have no respect for other Asians, must be thinking that all Indians and Sri Lankans are labors, even there is way to treat labors. these kids play on road and most times damage cars, if you ask them to behavior they scratch your car at time, the worst part is when they see a car they dont even move. What puzzle me most is the Qatari kids are more civilize than this kids.
Be careful with the generality here - the older Ezdams have been constructed using low grade Chinese raw materials - the maintenance on these villa's is high, believe me, I know as I live in one of the older ones. However, the newer constructs up the road towards Wukair have been constructed using far superior materials and as a consequence have a better finish and consequently lower maintenance issues on an ongoing basis.
The older Ezdan's are suffering from a lot of vacancies particularly in the villas - 2, 3, 5 and 6 where there is upto 75% vacancy - hence they are starting to be populated by corporates putting labourers into them - its occupancy and rent is being paid so Ezdan are happy.
The advice would be if you are interested in taking advnatge of the lower rents and deals that Ezdan are offering would be to take a look at the newer compounds.