Obtaining A Nursing License in Qatar
What do you need?
- QCHP Account. If you already have one, log in to https://reg.qchp.org.qa/en/_layouts/LogIn.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fen%2f_layouts%2fAuthenticate.aspx%3fSource=%2Fen%2FPages%2Fdefault%2Easpx. If none, click this link to register: https://reg.qchp.org.qa/en/_layouts/SCH_Registration/SignUp_NewUser.aspx
- All your nursing credentials (I will elaborate this one later)
- Valid QID and Passport
- Your company’s medical institution license
Once you created your QCHP account, you need to Apply for Evaluation first. Choose your nursing scope: Registered General Nurse if you have NO Break of Practice (BoP). Nurse Trainee if WITH Break of Practice (BoP).
NOTE: If you have more than 10 years of BoP, you will not be eligible to apply for license.
Application for Evaluation Requirements
- Photo with White Background
- Educational Qualifications (Diploma & TOR)
- Work Experience Certificates (as a Nurse)
- Licensing Exam or Medical License (PRC if from Philippines and/or other licenses obtained from other country)
- Primary Source Verification Report (Dataflow) Tip: Apply for Dataflow at least a month before you Apply for Evaluation to save time. It usually takes 2 to 5 weeks before your dataflow report is released.
Once you finished uploading the documents and ready to submit your application, you will be required to pay 100QR. Your employer will approve your application, then it will be under process with QCHP. You will receive a comment from QCHP Evaluation Officer:
- Sample Comment/s: If with BoP, they will ask you to complete years of training under a Registered General Nurse in a License Facility. They will ask for a Training Supervision Letter (attachment: QCHP License of the RGN who will supervise you) and NOC to undergo training from your employer. Once you have provided the necessary documents, they will review and hopefully your application will be approved.
- Approved. If you have provided everything they needed and passed their evaluation, you will receive the MoI Letter Report and Evaluation Certificate.These documents will be needed for Application for Licensing.
Before starting the Application for Licensing, ensure that you have the following documents:
- Valid QID
- Police Clearance in Qatar (10QR): Pre-requisite (1) NBI Clearance from Philippines with Philippine Embassy & MoI Stamp (2) MoI Letter Report. you can apply from Metrash2. Just upload the NBI, Stamps & Letter. You can collect the printed police clearance from CID in indistrial area
- Medical Fitness Report (30QR): Pre-requisite (1) Evaluation Certificate (2) Police Clearance Certificate (3) Debit/Credit Card for payment. Medical Commission will issue the report within 3 days. They will ask you to go to CDC in Messaimeer for stamping and/or will vaccinate you if needed.
- CPR Certificate (500QR): Intermediate Life Support (ILS) mandatory for Nurses from Hamad International Training Center
- Primary Source Verification Report/ Dataflow
- Confirmation that your Certificate of Good Standing (CoGS) has been received by QCHP Note: Certificate of Good Standing (CoGS) should be sent directly from Philippine Regulation Commission (PRC) to Qatar Council for Healthcare Practitioner (QCHP).
- Prometric Exam Result ($200) Note: For Nurse Trainee, you can submit it once you apply for Change of Scope (NT to RGN) For booking/scheduling: https://securereg3.prometric.com/Welcome.aspx?msg=EMExpSes Testing Location: New Horizons Training Center, 4446 5000, https://goo.gl/maps/2eTSUdfke8sxnc3eA
Once you finished uploading the documents and ready to submit your application, you will be required to pay 600QR. It will be under process with QCHP. You will receive the approval from QCHP Evaluation Officer. And your license is ready to be printed from your QCHP account.
Congratulations in advance on having your Registered General Nurse or Nurse Trainee License!
Hello, I have graduated BSN 2007 and my last experience in the hospital was 2010. I am currently working as a private nurse here in Doha without qchp license since it is not required under private nursing. Does it mean I am not eligible for license even under nurse trainee? Your insights will be highly appreciated.
Thanks for the info ............