hey, id like to know if u r able to get a saudi transit visa (how easy is it)on the way to the uae, how quick is this transit do they do like a thorough search and take a whileto negotiate. Does that happen on both ends even though its a half hour drive if that. How long is it all trogether to get to Dubai (how long doe it take for this transit)
Oh, i know its around 650km to Abu Dhabi and another 150 to Dubai but how fast can u go especially from Messaied to Abu Dhabi when their nothing really. Are there any service stations (like in the in the U.k which i doubt)
Oh, and i believe if you travel through saudi by plane usually your camera phone will be scratched so that you cant take any pics is that so from the border crossing too? is it not advisable to take pics of the border guards(u know for the experience, that we've done that)
thats all 4 now... cheers
I am an indian, can i get visa from uae boarder, my designation is AV_TV Technician? what is the procedure to apply uae visa? first we need take uae visa or saudi transit?
The number, I have provided is an agent my friend....contact Mr. Ismail...
I have...and so do others....but rather than being spoon-fed, why dont you make some effort?
Look it up and see how many posts I have on this topic
First read carefully and then reply...
I ask contact no of agent... if you have then reply... if you dont have then...
The round trip Saudi transit visa to be arranged by an agent...
contact Mr. Ismail on 551 3959
look it up...many such posts on this topic
Can you please give me contact no of agent to get double entry visa of saudi border... Waiting for reply.
I want to go to Jordan, Bahrain during the Holidays.
What are the procedures? What do I need to do? Please tell me if there any agents to do the Visa's etc.
we aee planning to go dubai by road our own vehicle.my vehicle's fuel capacity is 310 km /full tank only.can u advice that this vehicle can be use in our trip.can u explain the avaialability of fuel stations from saudi boarder to abudhabi.please reply
You need to go to the Saudi Embassy.
CAn you provide me the details of the agency gives visa processing in Doha?
Pinoy58, I realise your thread is pretty old but I am drving from Abu Dhabi to Doha and most of the responses and comments on this website (this and other conversations) are for travelling in the other direction. So, I am hoping that you might be able to provide some info on how to get a transit visa in UAE for SA, directions, etc??
I would image it is the same, but need a Doha visa???
What about paper works on the car? What is needed?
I am planning to travell Qatar with my family from Dubai and I am Indian national and my car is financed by Bank.. Can anyone help me in providing the procedures for obtaining visa to qatar, saudi arabia.. Also wht about road conditions between abu dhabi border and till qatar...wht about filling stations
I am a bit confused about the route to take from Doha to Abu Dhabi. I will try to explain my doubts:
1) One map (shown in mapquest.com) says that the entry point to Saudi is in Abu Samra. It means you drive from Doha to the south west ending point of Salwa road. I saw images from satellite (Google) and there seems to be a customs/border facilities at that point.
2) Another map (a printed one that we have) shows that well before Abu Samra (approx. 30 km according to the map scale) you take left (from Salwa Road) and use a main road that goes to the Saudi border too (and there is a small legend printed on the map that reads "to UAE" ). However, on Google earth I can not see any custom/border facilities here. Some images from Google are old, so this doesnt mean that there are no customs there.
My doubts would be easy to explain if I could show you the maps.
Well, lets hope you can help me with this. I am traveling with my family next Wednesday and I want to understand which one is the correct route !
Thanks to your time rkale.
I am going to Qatar by car from Dubai, is the procedure the same?
I have a Dubai PR, is this enough to cross the border including Saudi? Do I need to get any visa before traveling or can i get visa to the border?
I have made a trip by car with my family to Abu Dhabi three times.
I am an Indian national. The procedure for the visa's is as follows:
1. Get a UAE visa stamped from the UAE embassy in West Bay. (This may not be applicable for US & Europena nationals)
2. Get a Saudi transit visa. Saudi embassy has appointed agents to take care of this. They do not accept applications in person any more. There is a agent at Old Rayyan Petrol station. It take four days to get this transit visa. It is a double entry visa (to go and come back)
Regarding the trip:
It take approx. 6 to 7 hours by car (from Doha to Abu Dhabi). The distance from Doha to Salwa border is approx. 45 min, however, a lot of road works and diversions on Salwa road slow you down. Doha exit is easy and hardly takes any time. However, the queue at the border will depends on the day you travel. You will find a lot of rush during Eid holidays and weekends.
Once you cross the Qatar border and enter Saudi, the car will be checked. It hardly takes 5 mins for checking. They will probably not search thoroughly for cars with families.
The Saudi trip is approx one hour. Saudi has recently laid a new road. and travelling is much easier (earlier they has a single two lane road).
Saudi exit does not take time. For UAE entry you have to get the paasport stamped at the entry point and get a security check on your car.
The distance from UAE border to Abu Dhabi is 360 kms and can be covered in three hours.
The actual time you require to travel from Doha to Abu Dhabi or Dubai will depend on your car speed and the time you spend at the border entry & exit points. If there is not much rush at the borders the it take approx. 6 hours for the journey.
If you require any additional info on the paper work for the visa or any further clarifications, please ask. Thank you.
I appreciate it Angelo. Thanks for the details
A colleague of mine did that and the procedure is that you need to apply for a visa at the saudi embassy in Qatar, which take about a day.
1) Make sure to take an arab speaking person with you
2) Tell them you will travel by road
3) Make sure that it is written in the Visa
4) You will need 2 visas one to go and one to return
5) You will also need to get a visa from UAE embassy in Doha to travel by road.
6) Int'l car insurance.
7) The total road journey takes about 7 hours travelling at 120 to 160Km, and there are cameras on the way.
There are facilities along the way,
ok ur right they are now not banned but my idea is not so laughable (they were available b4 tho 'illeglaly') and the authorities at the airports at time would not have let them go thru especially a new publicised one.
LOL at the scratching of the camera to stop photographs ...........definitely they don't do that!
Travelling to the UAE by car isn't really feasible, certainly not for a week-end. The Saudi border?..........who can tell, some are there for hours, particularly if they decide to do a full search (and I mean a full search)! It's much easier to fly