WATCH: Few tips by MoPH for a healthy Ramadan
The holy month of Ramadan is a special time of the year for all Muslims across the world. However, this year Ramadan will be vastly different due to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. This has impacted on how Qatar typically experiences Ramadan
Protecting ourselves, our loved ones, and members of the community by following preventive guidelines, including reducing our contact with other people, must remain a priority.
It is very crucial that we remember it is our responsibility to ensure that no harm comes to another being as a result of our actions in the incredibly special and sacred month. By staying apart, we will keep others safe.
Hosting large family gatherings and attending the mosques for prayers is not possible this year. However, with a little creativity we can maintain these important traditions while keeping ourselves and our loved ones safe.
Few tips for a healthy Ramadan by Ministry of Public Health (MoPH):
- Keep a positive attitude. Focus on what you can learn and gain rather than what you are not able to do.
- When you get together with your family for Iftar or Suhoor meals, use your own plates and utensils, and maintain physical distancing.
- Stay in touch with family and friends through digital platforms. Despite the limitations on social gathering this Ramadan, it is important to still engage with your loved ones.
- Be thoughtful about meal planning. Reduce your number of trips to the supermarket by ordering groceries online or shopping for meals for two weeks in advance.
- It is important to exercise regularly during Ramadan, while still practicing physical distancing. Instead of outdoor activities, indoor physical movement and online physical activity classes are encouraged.
- Use social media to celebrate events like Garangao. Hold an online photo competition with the best traditional dress voted on by friends and family.
For any queries, or concerns related to COVID-19 in Qatar, the public can contact a 24/7 hotline set up by the Ministry. The hotline number is 16000 and is toll-free.
Ramadan Kareem from team Qatar Living!
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial