WATCH: Quick and easy Pakora recipe! (with @deemzeats!)
QL writer Deema (@deemzeatz on Instagram) shares a quick and easy recipe for Pakora - an awesome Indian snack!
250g Gram Flour
50g Self-Raising Flour
½ tsp Red Chili Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1 tsp Tandoori Masala Powder
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
300g Potatoes (peeled and grated)
300g Onions (chopped)
3 Spring Onions (chopped)
6-8 Spinach Leaves (chopped)
1 tsp Green Chili (chopped)
1 tsp Salt
Sunflower Oil (for deep frying)
How to prepare:
1. Sift gram flour and the self-raising flour into a bowl. Add chili powder, garam masala powder and tandoori masala powder and stir well to combine.
2. Add lemon juice, then add water to form a smooth batter that is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
3. Set aside for 10-15 minutes.
3. Add all remaining ingredients to the batter mixture and mix well
4. Heat sunflower oil in a deep frying pan until a breadcrumb sizzles and turns brown when dropped into it.
5. When the oil is hot, carefully lower tablespoons of the batter mixture into the oil and fry for 5-6 minutes, or until the pakoras are crisp and golden-brown
6. Serve immediately an enjoy with friends!