WATCH: Quick and easy Pakora recipe! (with @deemzeats!)
QL writer Deema (@deemzeatz on Instagram) shares a quick and easy recipe for Pakora - an awesome Indian snack!
250g Gram Flour
50g Self-Raising Flour
½ tsp Red Chili Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1 tsp Tandoori Masala Powder
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
300g Potatoes (peeled and grated)
300g Onions (chopped)
3 Spring Onions (chopped)
6-8 Spinach Leaves (chopped)
1 tsp Green Chili (chopped)
1 tsp Salt
Sunflower Oil (for deep frying)
How to prepare:
1. Sift gram flour and the self-raising flour into a bowl. Add chili powder, garam masala powder and tandoori masala powder and stir well to combine.
2. Add lemon juice, then add water to form a smooth batter that is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
3. Set aside for 10-15 minutes.
3. Add all remaining ingredients to the batter mixture and mix well
4. Heat sunflower oil in a deep frying pan until a breadcrumb sizzles and turns brown when dropped into it.
5. When the oil is hot, carefully lower tablespoons of the batter mixture into the oil and fry for 5-6 minutes, or until the pakoras are crisp and golden-brown
6. Serve immediately an enjoy with friends!
Click here to learn more.
Visually, your pakora doesn't look appealing.... looks dark and soggy.
The texture doesn't seem to be crunchy on the outside.