Salary advice QAR 14000

By Mauricio85

Hi all,

I'm being offered a position with the following benefits. 

Wage: 14000 QAR

Housing Allowance: 7420 QAR

Transportation Allowance: 2800 QAR

I'd be traveling with my wife and newborn child.

What do you think? What to expect?

Thanks in advance 

By acchabaccha• 2 weeks 6 days ago.
acchabaccha

From my point of view, yes it is a good offer and you should not allow it to slip through. People here in Qatar would be happy to work at half the salary you have been offered. This is your chance to earn and save for the future.

By Mauricio85• 2 weeks 6 days ago.
Mauricio85

Accabaccha: As I mentioned I'm being hired as a Field Engineer, when I do a job I receive bonuses and that's where the variable income comes and it's paid in USD. So it's not a verbal agreement rather than a job bonus. So in conclusion do you believe is a good offer? Is it suitable for me an my family?

By acchabaccha• 2 weeks 6 days ago.
acchabaccha

Mauricio85: A verbal commitment has ZERO value. It may just be something to "attract" you to come here.

By Mauricio85• 3 weeks 4 min ago.
Mauricio85

Accabaccha that is just a variable, it may be 0 so I don't count on It for making decisions. I'm from Colombia.

Thanks all for your comments.

By Mauricio85• 3 weeks 5 min ago.
Mauricio85

Accabaccha that is just a variable, it may be 0 so I don't count on It for making decisions. I'm from Colombia.

Thanks all for your comments.

By pioneerpec• 3 weeks 5 hours ago.
pioneerpec

Good offer.

Join immediately

By acchabaccha• 3 weeks 6 hours ago.
acchabaccha

What more do you want? What is your nationality?

By Mauricio85• 3 weeks 6 hours ago.
Mauricio85

I'm being hired as a Field Professional with 8 years of experience, to work in oilfield operations. I am supposed to earn between 500-1500 USD as a variable income as well.

By acchabaccha• 3 weeks 8 hours ago.
acchabaccha

Here is what would be your approximate expenses:

Accommodation: QR.5000 per month

Food: QR 1000 per month

Transport: QR 1000 per month if you use your own car

Miscellaneous: QR 1000 per month

The rest stays all in your pocket.

By mdfaisal01• 3 weeks 10 hours ago.
mdfaisal01

i think it is a good start, but lot of other factors do matter specially what you are leaving behind to be here. I mean your salary back home + other benefits. Also what is your role here.

In your mentioned allowances you would easily find a suitable accommodation and definitely Qatar is lovely peaceful place to live.

Silatech joins hands with UN human rights body for youth empowerment

Silatech joins hands with UN human rights body for youth empowerment

In another stride toward better opportunities for the youth, Silatech and the United Nations High Commission for Human Rights have teamed up to develop programs for global youth empowerment.
Exciting events lined up for Summer in Qatar this July

Exciting events lined up for Summer in Qatar this July

This summer, Qatar is offering residents and visitors an opportunity to relish some of the best retail offers, promotions, and discounts along with exciting events across the nation.
HBKU student recognized for outstanding research on diabetes

HBKU student recognized for outstanding research on diabetes

The International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSSCR) has honored a PhD student at Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU) College of Health and Life Sciences (CHLS) with a merit award for outstanding research.
Tips to maintain your car during summer

Tips to maintain your car during summer

It's time to see if your car is ready for the high temperatures as this can be tough on a vehicle. Here are a few pointers to help make sure you and your vehicle are ready for Qatar's summer.