Qatar to India by Vande Bharat
Good evening to all, Sharing my experience from Qatar to Chennai by Vande Bharat.
1. First register in Indian embassy
2. Look for Vande bharat flights to buy the tickets
3. Doha airport need to fill self declaration forms
4. Airlines will provide PPE for center seat passangers and shield for the other passangers
5. At Chennai you need to fill the declaration form and check out. Need to select from three options, A- Government quarantine, B- Three star hotels Rs 1500/ person/day, C- 5 star hotels, 2500/person/day.
6. Airport itself test samples will be taken, after 48 hrs result and after 5 th day another sample.
7. On 6th day you can apply for E-pass if you want to move out of Chennai, details about flight PNR, seat, Starting point, arrival place, date and time. Copies of address proof need to be uploaded. Driver details, vehicle number need to be filled. 7th day morning test report will be intimated to hotel and you can ask for vacation. Self disclaimer form stating that you are moving to your home town and mention that you will be under home quarantine. It will be approved by respective district collectrate office.
8. Approved e pass to be sent to driver and use double mask while travelling to your home town.
9. Chennai residents also not allowed to go for home quarantine. Need to undergo 7 days institutional quarantine followed by 7 days home quarantine.
All the best
It has to be noted that you will not be permitted to take domestic connecting flights in conjunction with these VBM flights unless you complete mandatory quarantine period at the first point of arrival in India.
Thank you for sharing your experience. This should be helpful to a lot of Indians trying to get back home.