How to obtain Qatar Family Visa or Family Residential Visa for your spouse

By sajeer143sachu




Hello Friends,

When I was started the procedures to obtain Qatar Family Residential Permit for my wife, I have faced many challenges. Here I am sharing my experience for my friends to reduce their risk and time.

Please remember here I am posting only about Family Residential Permit or Residential Visa.


Main Factors you need to remember / consider obtaining RP / QID for your wife:

  • Your Profession
  • Your Salary Package
  • Tenancy Contract (Proof of living)
  • Marriage Certificate

Let me explain one by one;

  • Your Profession: You must be under a professional visa category in Qatar. For example: All type of Engineers (Mechanical, Civil, Computer), Computer Technician (my colleague got spouse RP for this category), Electric Technician (my colleague got spouse RP in this category) and other professional category. Make sure you are not under a labour category visa like ‘just’ TECHNICIAN, Plumber, Painter… etc.


  • Your Salary Package: “Effective from 1st January 2012, there have been some major changes incorporated in Dependent Visa rules by the Passports and Expatriates Division of the Interior Ministry in Qatar. The new rule mandates that a minimum salary of QR10,000 is a must to bring in their families to Qatar. Earlier, the minimum salary requirement was QR7000 per month, which was later raised to QR8000 a month, and is now raised to QR10,000.” – this is old.

But, from the end of 2017 they started taking applications from those who getting salary 7000 or above + Company Accommodation Allowance.

It means if your salary is between 7000 – 9000, you are eligible to apply. But, you must show that your company providing you accommodation allowance or accommodation. And it should be mentioned in your employment contract.

For example:              Salary: QR 7,000 + Accommodation Allowance / Accommodation

If your salary is QR 10,000 or more, you may proceed without company accommodation proof. But, you need your rented house paper attested from Baladiya.


  • Tenancy Contract (Proof of living): This also mandatory. There are two types of cases.
  1. If your salary is more than QR 10,000, you can prepare this with your rented house. But, you must attest it from the Qatar municipality (Baladiya Attestation).
  2. b) If your salary is between 7000 – 9000 (less than 10,000), you are eligible to apply. But, you must show that your company providing you accommodation allowance and that allowance must be sufficient for your living (Example: Accommodation Allowance minimum 2000 or more).

In this case you must show 2 proofs:

  1. The accommodation allowance must be mentioned in your employment contract.
  2. You must take baladiya attestation for the rented house.

If your company provided you a living place, then you must request a tenancy contract from your company letter head which states you are living in company provided accommodation and that accommodation space is individually for you. Your name and profession must be in that letter. After this, you must submit to baladiya for attestation as well.

  • Marriage Certificate: here also there are 2 main cases;
  1. If you have legally registered your marriage from outside (your native place like India, Sri Lanka or any) of Qatar, or you maybe registered from other country (Not from your birth / native place), then you have to attest your original marriage certificate from respective country embassy / consulate in Qatar and after than you must go to Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of Qatar in West Bay, Qatar.
  2. If you registered your marriage from Qatar Family Court (Shariah Court), then you have to take a copy of attestation from the court itself. You will get it from the court when you ask with your original marriage paper that you got from court before.



You must prepare a list of mandatory documents before you visit the emigration office.

Important - Family Residential Application can only submit at Gharaffa Emigration Office, Madinat Khalifa.

  • Application Form for Residential Visa (better to be printed from any typing centers)
  • Your ID Copy (2 sides)
  • Your Passport Copy (attach if there is a second or last page which shows your native address)
  • Your Employment Contract copy (all pages)
  • Tenancy Contract (I mentioned earlier)
  • 6 months bank statement: Here you don’t need to take your full account’s 6 months transaction history. The emigration will reject it. Go to your bank, apply for your salary letter (tell your bank that you need salary letter only with your 6 months’ salary credited details). Remember, this may take 3 working days to get. It is a single page showing your credited salaries for the lst 6 months in a minimum 6 lines. Bank will charge you QR 25 for this letter. Bank will prepare this letter with bank letter head.
  • Copy of your Highest Educational Certificate (it may already have attested for your visa)
  • NOC letter from your company (in Arabic)
  1. it must mention your name
  2. nationality
  3. QID
  4. profession
  5. salary
  6. accommodation allowances if applicable
  7. spouse name with passport number
  • spouse passport copy (even if she is already with you under visit visa also you only need her passport copy)



Try to go in the morning… the policeman will verify your papers from the reception and you will get a token number starting from alphabet A___. Processing time after submission is 3 working days.

Once you submitted, you will get a receipt with application number. You may track your visa application from MOI website:

If your application still under process after 5-7 working days or if you see any error message except “Rejected”, go to Gharaffa Emigration office and tell the reception your application is pending. That time you will get a different

One your spouse visa issued, next step is payment. You may do the payment from Metrash Application from your phone with credit card or go to ANY emigration office near to you and pay with ATM card or Credit Card (Emigration will not accept cash)

After the payment, you need to take your spouse for medical at medical commission, Messaimer. You must keep your printed visa copy with you and QR 100/- you need to pay for medical. You need to give your ATM or Credit card with your wife and wait outside.

2-3 days will take to get medical report. You can check here:

If your spouse is fit / healthy, then go to take her blood test from any of the private clinics. This is to show her blood group.

Then, if your spouse is with you under family visit, then change the family visit to RP by paying QR 500/- at any emigration. Go to any emigration office to fingerprints process (mesaimeer emigration is good).

Finally, go to any emigration again (Gharaffa is good) after 2-3 days for fingerprint process, pay QR 500/- for 1-year valid QID. Emigration will ask you, how many years you need (Maximum 5 years). Take the printed ID from Emigration and Enjoy Qatar Family Life!!

Have a successful life journey

  • created by Abdul Sajeer 
  • For more queries contact on Facebook:

Ratings calculated automatically using technology developed at QCRI and MIT.

Click here to learn more.

By Qatar General Services• 2 months 3 weeks ago.
Qatar General Services


Hi friend, happy to help you…!

We would like to associate with you for providing very low rate Qatar Business Visit Visa (extendable up to 9 months without exit, if need), and Tourist Visas (30 Days & 60 Days) services.

Why you Choose WISDOM for your visa consultation..?

- 24 hours online support.

- 100% legit and genuine service.

- Door to door service provider.

- Hustle free processing, less documentation and very fast service.

- Highly professional oriented services.

- Ensuring 100% customer satisfaction.

- No hidden charges.

- More than 8 years of excellent track record in visa consultation at Qatar.

For easy enquiries, click here:

WhatsApp me your enquirers first: +97431533860.



* Visit Visa to UAE and Oman.

* 3 months Borrowed Visa for Kabyans.

* Visa Changing or Exit Package to Oman for Kabayans.

* Free Online Guidance For Qatar Family visit and Family RP

I can speak English, தமிழ் பேசு, മലയാളം സംസാരിക്കും, हिंदी मालू...

I thank you sincerely for taking the time to read this message and I am available to assist you at any time.

Best Wishes from,


By Molten Metal• 3 months 1 week ago.
Molten Metal

Go step by step ...................... ............................

By just2018• 3 months 1 week ago.

this is very helpful but I want to ask if I must go through the same procedure to change my son's visit visa to a family residence visa? he is already in the country. please I need help on this too especially on the documents that I must prepare. thank you

By Molten Metal• 3 months 4 weeks ago.
Molten Metal

The most easy thing o n this earth, thanks .....................

By sajeer143sachu• 3 months 4 weeks ago.

Yes all of your necessary certificates should be attested by MOFA QATAR. Otherwise immigration will reject your application. All foreign papers (that you obtained from outside of Qatar)

By hari941990• 3 months 4 weeks ago.

Hey Sajeer thank you , need one more information, I have all the documents attested from India including Marriage certificate from Qatar embassy Delhi and MOFA Delhi, now if I have to apply for a family visa for my wife should i get MOFA Qatar done only for marriage certificate or should i get all my certificates attested from MOFA Qatar...

By sajeer143sachu• 5 months 1 week ago.

For any queries, please leave a message to my Facebook Account -

By rahul29992• 6 months 2 weeks ago.

I have a question, if application was rejected due to any reason then, next when can i apply again

By Molten Metal• 6 months 3 weeks ago.
Molten Metal

Depends on your experience also .......................

By vaseempp• 6 months 3 weeks ago.


Is UPDA registration mandatory for Engineers to apply for family visa ?

By Molten Metal• 7 months 1 week ago.
Molten Metal

Ya, ya PW .........................

By mrarad• 7 months 1 week ago.

good information, thanks. Qatar for the win


By PrettyWoman• 7 months 1 week ago.

Is this apply also from working residency visa status to familly residency visa...


By Molten Metal• 7 months 2 weeks ago.
Molten Metal

Thanks, all is clear to me now .................

By shakirsayed• 7 months 2 weeks ago.

hi Sajeer, i would like to have a word with you if you could call or wats app me on 33527880

By job4me1984• 12 months 2 days ago.


Do we need baladiya stamp.if the company has provided a family accomodation.

By Benito Miranda• 12 months 3 days ago.
Benito Miranda


Good Information

My application is in deferred status though I am having engineering visa it’s because of my DME certification.

Do you have any idea in this case



Log in or register to post comments

How to ensure road safety while you take the driving seat in Qatar

Safe driving is something to be taken very seriously and could be a matter of life and death. Too many times driving is taken for granted and one does not realize the power of being at the steering wheel. Being responsible while driving a vehicle is very important.

Remember the viral ‘Q Gate’ pic? It is a toll facility, but won’t be activated soon

There was a massive discussion on social media recently about ‘Q Gate’ and what it meant. As rumoured, it is a toll collection facility, but it will not be activated anytime soon.

Qatar is open for dialogue to resolve the Gulf crisis, says Sheikh Mohamed

Qatar’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs HE Sheikh Mohamed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani has reiterated Qatar’s stand that it is open for dialogue to resolve the ongoing Gulf crisis.

WATCH: Qatar Living interviews football legend Gilberto Silva

Gigi from our Qatar Living team had the privelege to interview football star Gilberto Silva. A former Arsenal player, he earned the title "Unbeatable".