How To Open a Salary Account in Qatar
Considering the fact that expats make 90% of the population in Qatar, opening a bank account in the country is a relevantly easy task. With a few documents in hand and the knowledge of which bank is best suitable for you, you will have yourself an account in no time.
Opening a salary account in Qatar is one of the easiest and quickest processes. Even though you have the option to choose between a current and savings account, your salary account always comes under the ‘current accounts’ with benefits such as debit cards, checkbooks, and monthly statements. However, it is important to note these always come with a minimum balance requirement.
Requirements for opening a Salary Account:
- Original passport with a copy
- An official employment letter from your Qatari employer (or sponsor) stating your salary. It will need both a signature from you and your employer
- Minimum salary of QR 5000
- Copy of your visa page proving you’re a Qatar resident
- Two passport-sized photographs
- A filled out bank application form
- Qatar ID (required by some banks)
Qatar has 18 licensed banks operating in the market at the moment and usually, your company is most likely going to be partnered with a bank. If that is not the case, you can go and get your bank account opened in any bank if you have the above documents ready with you.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial
Cover Image Credit: rawpixel