WATCH: Dune Bashing - The Art of Getting Your Adrenaline Up and Running!
Scream for dear life as you fall down gigantic sand dunes!
If you are an adrenaline junkie and live in one of the GCC countries, then chances are that you have ‘dune bashed’ at least once in your lifetime.
Some hardcore ‘dune bashers’ are known to buy high-powered four-wheel drives for the express purpose of kissing the golden sands with rubber and metal.
If you haven’t dune bashed before, but would like to try it out, keep some of these points in mind:
1. Do not try to do it on your own if you aren’t experienced enough. Like every single one of Mother Nature’s wonders, sand dunes are fraught with danger. One false step and you can be a goner.
2. Go to bash the dune along with an experienced driver. Or else, there’s a very real chance that you’ll be the one receiving bashes from the dunes.
3. Follow instructions regarding tyre pressure very, very carefully. The rules are there for a purpose. Play by it.
4. Don’t try to be an angry driver like Nicolas Cage in ‘Ghost Rider.’ He burns when he drives, but he’s a superhero (kinda) and you’re not.
5. Make use of firms that provide adventure tour experiences, especially if you’re with your family. That will be the safest way to feel the exhilaration of adventure.
So what are you waiting for? The dunes await!