How to bring your pets to Qatar with Hayya Card?
Hayya cardholders wishing to attend the World Cup with their furry friends and companions can now apply for a pet permit to get them along. The Ministry of Municipality (Al Baladiya) has announced the procedure for getting your pets to Qatar during the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™.
Through a new service, Hayya cardholders can now apply for issuance of pet import permits into the State of Qatar along with veterinary health certificates. This can be availed electronically, where FIFA visitors can apply for the said permits through MoM’s website.
What are the requirements for a pet to be eligible for pet import permit?
Pet imports are given to pets (dogs and cats) who fulfil the following criteria:
- Dogs and cats that are more than seven months of age.
- Dogs and cats that are vaccinated against rabies and cats must be triple-vaccinated.
- The pets are allowed entry into Qatar only during the period of validity of their vaccine.
- Dogs must be vaccinated against Canine Canine distemper, Leptospira, Parvovirus, and Hepatitis C.
- The pets must obtain a blood test for rabies immune antibodies (RSNT) and must wait for a period of 90 days from the date of taking blood sample before travel to Qatar.
What are the required documents?
The documents required are:
- A copy of the above-mentioned rabies immune blood test
- A copy of the vaccination card or certificate
How to apply for the pet import permit service?
Here are the following steps:
- Log in to MoM website, select World Cup visitors option, enter the Hayya ID number and the date of birth as shown on Hayya Card. You will receive a verification code (OTP), which you can activate and go to the next step.
- Agree to the terms and conditions mentioned in the next step.
- Fill in the requisite details in the form and click on submit after selecting the type of service: whether it is import of dogs or cats.
- The system then sends an address to the applicant’s registered email address, so you can check the email for further details.
Important information to note:
- Dogs and cats must be accompanied by a valid import permit, no later than 30 days before the pet arrives in Qatar.
- Dogs or cats must be equipped with an electronic microchip.
- Large and dangerous breeds of dogs require permission at the discretion of the Ministry of the Interior (MoI).
- Visitor must take their pets along with them when returning to their country.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial