Now, this recipe is my spontaneous answer to a hot lazy summer day when I just want a refreshing drink in one hand and comfy beach chair on the other. More importantly though, I put this together after having visited an Indian store in my city and finding this amazing masala mix called Jal Jeera powder. Now Jal Jeera is a famous drink within India and its made with a special powder known as the Jal Jeera powder. The literal translation of the term Jal is ‘water’ and Jeera is ‘cumin’. This powder is basically a mix of various spices such as obviously cumin, mango powder, ginger powder, black pepper, pink salt and others. It gives a wonderful twist to a classic Mojito drink, and the taste of pomegranate enhances the drink even more.
Try it for yourself !!!
Yields: 2 jumbo glasses of Pomegranate Jal Jeera Mohito should come out.....
- - MDH Jaljeera masala or powder (you can find other brands too but this one is my favorite)
- - Fresh mint leaves
- - 1 can of club soda
- - 2 whole pomegranates (if you choose to make fresh pomegranate juice)
- - 500 ml pomegranate bottled juice (if you decide to not make fresh juice and use bottled instead)
- - Dash of lemon juice
- - Few pieces of pomegranate seeds (optional)
- - Ice cubes
- Take a nice big jar, and add a hand full of fresh and thoroughly washed mint leaves (I use a nice big steel jar in order to muddle the mint leaves together with my Jal Jeera masala properly). Put 6 cubes of ice into your jar, or more if you prefer, depends on how much Jal Jeera spice you like in your drink, put two heavy filled teaspoons of JJ mix in the jar. If you decide to juice fresh pomegranates then you obviously have to peal and clean the pomegranates first and then run them in a juicer. I usually use Al Rawabi Pomegranate juice when making these babies. Whichever you choose, add this juice to your jar now. Add the whole can of club soda and your dash of lemon. When you pour it into glasses you can decorate with pomegranate seeds and lemon wedges for perfect presentation.
Et Voila! :)
Let me know how yours turned out !