Skills & Knowledge: Requires the following abilities;
· Ability to conduct land surveying by making exact measurements & providing relevant data to shape, contour, gravitation, location, elevation, or dimension of land or land features for civil engineering & construction projects.
- Prepare & maintain sketches, maps, reports, & legal descriptions of survey in order to describe, certify, & assume liability for work performed.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements & calculations conducted at survey sites. direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries.
- Record the results of survey, including the shape, conyour, location, elevation, & dimensions of land or land features.
- Coordinate findings with the engineers, clients & others concerned with the projects.
- Operate adjust & maintain surveying instrument in order to preserve their accuracy. Establish fixed points for use in making maps using geodetic & engineering instruments.
- Determine longitudes & latitudes of important features & boundaries in survey areas, can perform standard survey methods & procedures.