DescriptionDigitization: Converting data to a digital format
Digitization describes the pure analog-to-digital conversion of existing data and documents. Think scanning a photograph or converting a paper report to a PDF. The data itself is not changed — it’s simply encoded in a digital format.
Digitization can reap efficiency benefits when the digitized data is used to automate processes and enable better accessibility — but digitization does not seek to optimize the processes or data.
Key RESULT AREAS:
· Scanning and digitization - preparing records for digitization; separating a variety of records, preparing paper documents for digitization, removing staples, binding, and removing paperclips.
· Attention to detail – to ensure that documents are correctly typed and scanned and are properly filed and maintained with reference to our retention policy.
· File uploading – performing quality control to ensure documents are scanned correctly with clear images and entered into our internal database.
· Time management – work with individuals from many departments on a variety of tasks and ensuring efficient scanning and uploading.
· Typing and word processing – fast and accurate typing is vital.
· Document security and confidentiality – to follow best practices for document and file security for both paper and digital documents.
· Communication skills – to communicate across all departments, providing information and preparing documents to be digitized.
· A bachelor’s degree or diploma/equivalent.
· Minimum of 1-year experience
· Experience in analyzing and interpreting environmental data is preferred.
· Proficient in the operation and use of Microsoft Office products.