- Administers systems and servers related to district LAN and WAN (e.g. email systems, accounts, application servers, workstation ID, IP assignments, VOIP, security, antivirus etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of services to authorized users.
- Assesses incidents, complaints and/or accidents for the purpose of resolving or recommending a resolution to the situation.
- Designs computer networks (e.g. internet, web mail, FTP servers, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring effective and efficient operating systems.
- Directs department personnel for the purpose of prioritizing deadlines and ensuring optimal utilization of personnel.
- Installs network (client and server) software on a variety of platforms (e.g. service packs, application software, operating software,hardware upgrades, etc.) for the purpose of upgrading and maintaining WAN/LAN and telecommunication systems.
- Maintains network operations and software applications (e.g. servers (file, print, application, WEB, database, proxy, etc.), operating systems, districtwide server backup, routine maintenance programs, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring efficient operations.
- Manages assigned activities and program components including television, intercom and wireless services (e.g. migration to new systems, scheduling installations, product research, etc.) for the purpose of delivering services in compliance with established guidelines and/or objectives.
- Participates in a variety of planning and development activities, for the purpose of creating short and long range plans.
- Performs personnel administrative functions (e.g. hiring, training, supervising, evaluating, providing professional development opportunities, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining adequate staffing, enhancing productivity of personnel and ensuring department outcomes are achieved.
- Recommends equipment, supplies and materials (e.g. purchase equipment, lease equipment, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring required items and completing jobs efficiently.
- Recommends policies, procedures and/or actions for the purpose of providing direction for meeting the district’s goals and objectives.
- Manage and recommends IT budgets(software, hardware, renewals and other operations)
- Researches trends, products, equipment, tests, etc. for the purpose of recommending procedures and/or purchases.
Please send in your resume if you are a match with the description.