1. Responsible for all marketing strategies and activities within the company.
2. Oversees the marketing department and provides direction and feedback on major projects.
3. Makes key decisions regarding product distribution, budgeting, branding, and sales.
4. Works with other company officers to set the overall direction and objectives for product and service offerings.
Marketing Officer Job Duties & Responsibilities
1. Research and analyze market trends, competitor offerings, demographics, and other information that affects marketing strategies.
2. Uses research findings and analysis to provide direction to marketing managers regarding upcoming marketing projects, new products or services, and overall strategy.
3. Identifies areas for improvement in product offerings, sales tactics, marketing strategy, and promotional activities.
4. Approves all marketing campaigns and plans before they are implemented.
5. Weighs in on important decisions involving product advertising, packaging, media channels, and branding.
6. Maintains the department’s budget and ensures all marketing activities are cost-effective.
7. Monitor marketing and sales performance and adjusts strategies as needed.
8. Adheres to and implements all company policies and procedures.