Reporting to Sr. Catering Supervisor, Senior Chef over look the food production,quality and quantity of raw materials,quality of final product, and efficiency of display and service of food and beverage,necessary stocks are on hand at the right quality and quantity and fair discipline is maintained.
1. Monitor food and beverage production to ensure top quality products are produced and presented. Ensure the required recepes are followed by contractor. Taste the dishes while being produced and take corrective action when, required.
2. Verify quality and quantity of raw materials received at the production kitchen. Take decisions for suitable substitution of the rejected materials due to inteferior quality or spoilage to avoid wastage and maintain quality. Ensure all the commodities are as per the brand list agreed in the contract.
3. Oversee the proper storage of raw fresh,chilled,frozen,dairy products and other material in appropriate temperatures,FIFO is followed,conditions(as per required segregation) etc.to maintain freshness,control/maintains record of validity of dry/packed food items in compliance with the HACCP standards.
4. Daily inspection of production facility and equipment to ensure the standards of cleaning/sanitization are maintained in all areas including pot-wash,chillers and freezers are well maintained and temperatures recorded on twice daily basis.
5. Plan and rotate menus for theclubs outlets/functions,banqueting,outdoor requirements and VIP/VVIP requirements y obtaining prior approvals.