6 months Project
Working hours: 10hrs/day, 6 days per week
Driving License requiredYour responsibilities
- Strong leadership - Leading the project team allocated to the project, defining main guidelines, allocating project tasks, and motivating and monitoring internal and external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones and providing
- performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects.
- Project Execution - Ensuring that the project follows the plans, and in-line with ABB policies, effectively monitors and controls project progress and efficient resource utilization. In addition, making the use of the implementation best practices
- Project Financial - Monitoring and controlling project financials, ensuring the project costs are within the allocated budget, timely issuing the milestone invoices and ensuring collection without overdues, control and monitoring the project expenses, and cash flow.
- Manage the project’s Risks and Opportunities: Identifying, qualifying, assessing and managing project risks, and ensures that all opportunities are identified and pursued. Captures, analyses, and shares lessons learned throughout the project.
- Contract Management & Claims - Ensuring the contract obligation is defined and related project performance is in line with it, also, the project constrains together with terms and condition are clear and monitored. In the event of any deviation or change, ensuring contract and claims management are consistently applied, in accordance with ABB policies and contractual agreements and coordinating with Supply Chain Management, and successfully procures required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers.
- Quality - Accountable for the effective deployment of ABB’s Quality strategies. Responsible for Quality assurance, Quality control and for the implementation of an integrated quality management system in the area of responsibility, in addition to any other Quality obligation imposed by the contract.
- Stakeholder relations - Acts as key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues. Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicates with all stakeholders.
- Health, safety and environment (HSE) - Responsible to jointly develop HSE plan with HSE Department, implement and sponsor Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) and all other business compliance standards and regulations across all
- functions of responsibility. Validates and supports that adequate HSE measures are taken in the respective project operations functions and that an HSE culture is implemented and maintained in the organization. Accountable to ensure a safe work environment and continuous improvement in HSE processes and integrity performance.
- Project financial KPI - Project Manager shall be accountable for the project financial, monitoring and control project costs, expense, OCF, Revenue, NWC, GM and %GM, Issuing the milestone invoices on time and follow with customer until collection. Clearing any overdues.
- Project Reporting - Providing regular project status report internal and external (according to the contract/customer requirements). Reporting the project KPIs during Divisional, BU and Hub review meetings (Progress status, Deliverables completion, Milestone Variance, financial status, Risks update, Lesson Learned, completed activities and plan to complete).
- Supporting other functions - Supporting Supply Chain Management in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes. Also, supporting sales team for tender’s clarification and provide lesson learned and solution based on the best practices.
- Employee shall also carry out any tasks that are assigned by management necessary to fulfil the job requirements & be willing to re-locate and/or travel as per the business needs.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ideally, you'll hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and minimum 5-10 years of experience
- Project Management in Electrification, Automation & Controls projects for external customers.
- At least 5 years of experience in Oil, Gas, Petrochemical industry.
- Project Management Certified, PMP®, (ABB Certified Project Management professionals, will be preferred)
- Proficient English Speaker with Excellent oral and written communication.
- Experience of handling teams and ability to engage and motivate people of different cultures and knowledge of additional functions (Engineering, SCM, Sales) in addition to Strong project management knowledge will be preferred.
- Experience of electrical engineering, and control system solutions and experience of EPC projects.
- Ability to negotiate, persuade, decision making and influence in relation with customers and company policy.
- Excellent presentation design and delivery skills as well as ability to drive projects, manage execution with control uncertainties.
- Fluent in English is required.