- Develops a purchasing strategy.
- Reviews and processes purchase orders.
- Manages other members of the purchasing team.
- Maintains records of goods ordered and received.
- Negotiates prices and contracts with suppliers.
- Builds and maintains relationships with vendors.
- Selects prospective vendors and negotiates contracts.
- Evaluates vendors based on quality, timeliness, and price.
- Schedules deliveries and ensures timely fulfillment of orders.
- Researches and evaluates vendors to compare pricing and services.
- Coordinates with fellow managers to monitor inventory and determine supply needs.
- Ensures quality of procured items and addresses problems when they arise.
- Keeps up with trends in procurement.
- Travels to vendor locations.
- Stays current with purchasing technology trends and oversees purchase and implementation, as necessary.
- Competitive salary (FULL PACKAGE) will be offered.
- Full Time
Interested applicants may share their CVs at
Desired Skills & Experience
PURCHASE MANAGER SKILLS:
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience as a purchasing manager or agent.
- Experience using procurement software and databases.
- Supervisory experience.