Cleaning Staff Needed
Main job purpose
To undertake general cleaning duties to provide a clean, hygienic and safe environment for teaching and other
Main responsibilities and duties
1. To carry out cleaning tasks set out in the school's cleaning schedule
2. To use all cleaning materials and equipment in a safe and proper manner and in accordance with any
instructions and specifications provided.
3. To report the breakdown of any cleaning equipment or any perceived hazards in the workplace to the
Headteacher (or other nominated supervisor).
4. To observe health and safety and security requirements.
5. To complete any appropriate records or documentation required by the Headteacher
6. To maintain good working relationships with other school staff and to co-operate with reasonable changes
to daily work routines to assist the smooth operation of the school.
7. To ensure that work undertaken complies with stated requirements and undertake appropriate training, as
8. Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people in accordance with the school’s
safeguarding and child protection policy.
9. Such other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as may be required by the Headteacher (or other
Desired Skills & Experience
The postholder will be expected to work with limited supervision to an established work pattern. Variations in
work requirements or allocation will be determined by the Supervisor/Admin Manager