European based company with operations in Qatar is currently recruiting for the position of POS Field Support Officer
- The Field Support Officer role ensures that customers (Merchants and Banks) benefit from our professional visitation support services in their assigned route.
- He/she shall provide prompt, efficient, and dependable support to customers through scheduled daily visits thereby ensuring 100% uptime of all Point-of-Sale (POS) terminals and other payment channels within the assigned route.
- Key Accountabilities
- Provide technical support to a business or an organization's employees and train non-technical workers on the point of sale (POS)
- POS support officers have the skills to set up and install point of sale equipment and make most repairs
- Need to train merchant employees on how to use new point of sale hardware. This includes using application software, operating printers and even providing instructions on how to do various transaction related functionalities
- Initiate focussed merchant site visits for quality checks, retraining or rolls delivery as per the business need
- Have the responsibility to support the day-to-day operations of a point of sale network. Their job is to make sure that network systems keep communications and POS transaction related information flowing smoothly
- Select the required point of sale hardware and software for specific applications and organise the installation. Do any required maintenance, fix any network problems and upgrade point of sale systems
- Install Point of Sale back-up software to restore data in the event of power outages
- Amenable to POS terminal update request from internal and external stakeholders
- Perform key injection to POS terminal
- Day To Day Terminal Deployments, installations for existing and new merchants locations