Living in Qatar
I'm new to this forum having been offered a position in Qatar.
I have a few specific questions which I'm hoping you can help me out with.
- what are the costs/does it cost anything to get an alcohol license
- what are internet costs like at home?
- Is it easy to meet people? Is there a social life to speak of?
Thanks very much
Click here to learn more.
I work as a real estate agent and as the other members mentioned it is hard to find something decent less than 5,500 or 6,000 QR.
If you are still looking then you can contact me at email@example.com and I will be glad to help you.
Welcome to Qatar,
There are many South Africans (both male and female) in Qatarâ€¦excuse me for saying this, but they are considered as cheap white labour.
Alcohol licence limits depend upon your salary.
2-bedroom flatâ€¦QR5,500.00 plus
Sorry Peps, know nothing about advertising agents in qatar, so I cannot help you there. Hope someone else does.
Rent. No way you will find anything for that price. Double it, and you might (MIGHT!) find something decent.
Southafricans. You have the Southafrican Socal Group. Tel 469 0655 and the southafrican ladies group. Tel 4657220.
Ive been offered a job in an advertising agency in Doha. Can somebody kindly tell me if i would be able to find a 2 bedroom place which is decent for around 3500 QR?? Other than that can anybody inform me on the advertising industry in Qatar and its pros and cons (maybe im asking a bit much, but im sure theres someone out there who would know)
p.s. are there any South Africans living in Qatar
- I'm here for only two months and I'll stay for another 4 , so I can't get the residence .This alcohol license is only for those who get Qatari residence.Nothing to pay for, give you the right to buy up to 2000 QAR in alc. /month.
- if you are resident you can install broadband 512 kbps,you pay 200 qar/month
- I think this is very relative :) , depends on you and you should read all related posts in this forum :)
A lot of posts, you can imagine people are staying home and surfing on the net instead of going out and meet one others .
Anyway, I hope you will enjoy Qatar .