How to complain: Consumer Protection Department in Qatar
Isn't it frustrating when you buy a product or avail of a service and you're not satisfied? You try to return the product or have the company offer you a re-service, but don't succeed. Then you try to talk with the salesperson or the manager, write letters to the company and you're still not satisfied with the company's response.
In that case, you should approach the Consumer Protection Department. In Qatar, consumers have rights and the government have laws in place to make sure consumer rights are protected.
Here's what you should do:
1. Call (or sms) Consumer Protection Department in order to carry out all legal proceedings required to protect your rights.
Hot line: 44945500 / 44945550
Ministry Tel: 44945555
SMS: 92665 [Please send your complaint or suggestion + the word 'consumer']
2. You may go directly to the Consumer Protection Department to submit your complaint and discuss it with one of the employees.
Their office is located in West Bay Doha on Omar Al Mukhtar Street. (Click here for directions)
3. You may also file a complain on their website by filling out this form online. You may still have to follow-up by calling or visiting their office.
4. Make sure you carry all documents required (shown below) to ensure your complaint efforts are not in vain.
-Your name, address, job title to support documents
- Name of the party against which you wish to submit your complaint, his address, work nature, violation type and place of complain
- A detailed statement of damage caused to you, if it is applicable
- A copy of the invoice must be presented when submitting the complaint. Without the original invoice or a copy thereof, Consumer Protection Department will not be able to consider the complaint.
Consumer Protection Department takes compalints quite seriously and action is immideate in most cases. Here's what happened the last time a customer complained.
CPD Website: www.mbt.gov.qa
CPD email: email@example.com
had experience... this is only a front.. not very helpful at all
Please anybody can tell me, Can I complain about house rental issues too?
Completely useless organization! They will not do anything to assist you the consumer.They will pretend to though, but after a while you will come to know that they are there to protect businesses (Especially fully Qatari-owned businesses) and consumers. Save yourself time, energy, money, aggravation, and irritation,and buy your stuff elsewhere or online. It may cost more but in the end , it will last longer and give you more peace of mind......
I rather post the link here
Anybody can suggest me, how I can complaint for a Credit card issue?
omg!!! not satisfactory ??? Then what shall I do with my issue : http://www.qatarliving.com/forum/qatar-living-lounge/posts/ansar-gallery-barwa-commercial-avenue-abu-hamour-doha-apple-iphone
I always strongly believed that in gulf nations consumer protection rules are far far better
With respect to Consumer protection department , my experience too is not satisfactory with the authority. Upali
I have approached thrice to consumer court, not even once they have helped me or supported me. They are always in favor of the Companies. My vehicle was completely scratched infront of my eyes but still nothing happened. Still my car windshield mirrors are scratched. This information is of no use. They wont help.
what about if you want to complain QL seller will that count will they help still?
Name, address, job title....Oh I think they forgot one important detail - Nationality!
Wonder why the Job Title is important to the complaint ?
But no use, all the complaints will be in favour of the seller