SCHOOLS - Primary & Secondary in DOHA
Al Maha Academy for Boys
Al Maha boys is one of three academies that come under the umbrella of the Ta’allum Group. The academy comprises of three schools, Kindergarten, Primary and Secondary each led by their respective heads.
The Primary school (years 1 – 6) is the largest of our three schools and has just over 1000 students.
The secondary school has just over 500 students with students completing their IGCSEs, AS Levels and Qatar Thanawia by the end of year 12.
The academy employs over 250 members of staff both academic and non-academic.
- To offer a broad, balanced, challenging curriculum that, as well as fulfilling the National Curriculum, develops confidence, aesthetic awareness, sense of fair-play, sound moral values and self-esteem.
- To provide first-hand experiences that encourage the pupil to question, investigate and seek solutions.
- To develop a home/school partnership as a basis for successful education in which the parents share responsibilities with the school and play a major part as co-educators of their child.
- To develop the child’s confidence, self-knowledge, skills, and attitudes towards learning which will enable him/her to grow towards being a caring, responsible member of the wider community.
- To enhance our pupils’ awareness and appreciation of cultures, including their own. The intellectually challenging academic dual-curriculum ensures that our cultural considerations are integral to all that is taught in all subject areas. Students will be educated to the highest standards in a warm, friendly, secure and conservative environment. The environmental conditions to learning are further achieved by the school’s healthy and balanced emphasis on discipline and fostering respect by all, for all.