SCHOOLS - Primary & Secondary in DOHA
Blyth Academy Qatar
Blyth Academy Qatar is an active JK-12 international school that embraces diversity, celebrates differences in cultures and engages students in their learning. Currently, Blyth Academy Qatar enjoys students from 42 nations enriching the experience for all students to function in a global society. Graduates of Blyth are equipped to pursue post-secondary studies in Canada and internationally. Blyth Academy Qatar is accredited by the province of Alberta, Canada and the State of Qatar. Both accrediting bodies inspect the school annually ensuring BAQ is meeting required standards.
Students at Blyth Academy Qatar will experience a personalized, differentiated, collaborative and experiential learning environment that leads to higher levels of motivation, engagement and achievement, and that features:
- Small class sizes (max. 20 students), allowing teachers to focus on personalized teaching
- Customization of learning to student needs
- Recruitment and development of high-quality educators
- Comfortable, empathetic, nurturing learning environments
- Interdisciplinary use of technology and tools to explore study topics, present content, communicate with others and more
- Academic Counselling
- ESL support as required although students should enter the school with a solid grasp of English, all subjects are taught in English with the exception of French and Arabic
- A variety of local excursions to enrich the learning experience as well as international offerings annually
- Specialist teachers in French, Physical and Health Education, Art and Music
Accreditations from Canada and Qatar
Blyth Academy is Canada’s leading private school by enrollment and Canada’s leading provider of international accredited education. Our global perspective on education has inspired our expansion in Canada, the United States of America, Europe and Asia. Our schools are accredited by the Ministries of Education in Ontario, Alberta and the Middle States Association in the USA, we have received permission from the Singapore ministry of education – council for private education to deliver Ontario accredited secondary school courses in Singapore.
Blyth Academy is a global leader in providing students with safe, transformative, experiential learning opportunities. Our International Summers Program enables students to complete secondary school credits in over 20 countries around the world. Students in our Global High School Program complete Grades 11 and 12 while travelling through 10 countries each year.
Blyth Academy Online is one of Canada’s leading providers of online education with more than 100 accredited courses available for Grades 9 to 12. Blyth Academy Online provides students with a flexible, engaging approach to completing their online credits whenever and wherever they are located.
We also provide Community Service Programs for students in several countries.
At Blyth Academy we believe:
- Authentic learning is founded upon curiosity, creativity, engagement and critical thinking.
- A broad, balanced and manageable curriculum is the foundation of life-long learning.
- Both a global perspective and international collaboration are central to becoming valuable world citizens.
- Environmental awareness and sustainability are our social responsibility.
- Staff and student interactions must be based on respect, integrity, and striving for excellence.
- Healthy learning communities are founded on safety, humility, empathy, caring, sensitivity and inclusion.
- A balanced lifestyle is important for both students and staff with regard to family, academic and social responsibilities.