HIA implements new arrival procedures to enter Qatar
With the gradual lifting of COVID-19 restrictions in Qatar, Hamad International Airport (HIA) is applying newly modified procedures for arriving passengers.
The airport has customized its procedures based on the categorization of arriving passengers, to ensure a smooth return to the country:
- Group One: Qatari citizens, their spouses and children, permanent residency holders.
- Group Two: includes vulnerable passengers that have certain identified medical conditions or are aged 55 and above.
- Group Three: passengers arriving from ‘low-risk countries’
- Group Four: passengers arriving from ‘high-risk countries’.
To see the latest list of countries classified as high and low-risk of COVID-19, you can visit the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) website.
All arriving passengers will be thermally screened at #HIAQatar, show the EHTERAZ application, fill out a health assessment form, sign a quarantine pledge agreement to quarantine either at home or a hotel depending on the country they are arriving from. pic.twitter.com/C9N1njz6oQ— Hamad Int'l Airport (@HIAQatar) August 13, 2020
Below are the procedures that are being implemented at HIA:
- All arriving passengers will be thermally screened at the airport.
- Passengers must have the EHTERAZ mobile application downloaded and installed on a smartphone which requires a SIM card. Volunteers are available to help set up passengers with the EHTERAZ App. Smartphones and SIM cards are also available for purchase at the airport.
- All passengers are required to fill in a health assessment form and sign a quarantine pledge agreement (preferably filled before arrival into Doha and submitted upon arrival).
- Passengers who are coming to Qatar from ‘high-risk countries’ will proceed to immigration and show their hotel booking to the immigration officer.
- Once all arrival formalities are done, passengers will be transported to their quarantine hotel with Discover Qatar.
- All other arriving passengers will be diverted to designated airport testing facilities where they will receive swab tests.
- After testing is complete, passengers will then proceed to immigration for entry processing.
- These passengers can use private transportation to their home quarantine. The airport’s taxi pavilion is also available.
In the past few months, HIA has utilized cutting edge technology including disinfectant robots and thermal imaging helmets to ensure the safety of the staff and travelers at the airport.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial
Cover Image Credit: Twitter/@HIAQatar
As of now almost from all the countries low risk or high risk persons having Qatar ID is allowed to re-enter subjected to some mandatory norms. Below link can be referred for more details. https://www.discoverqatar.qa
If I will have my vacation this coming Month of October,
and will come back to Qatar same year after 42 days, I will come from Philippines, Is the procedures will be the same as new normal will gradually imposed in every country, specially in Qatar..
Only visa holders can travel to Qatar ?