Passengers reminded of travel safety measures at HIA
Over the coming weeks, Qatar will gradually experience an easing of restrictions across different sectors.
As some change is on the horizon, it is paramount for all citizens and residents of Qatar to abide by certain safety measures to play their part in ensuring their safety as well as that of others.
To ensure a safe travel experience for all passengers, Hamad International Airport (HIA) has also reminded passengers to be wary of certain travel safety measures.
#HIAQatar would like to remind departing passengers of the current safety measures to be observed and complied with while travelling, to ensure the safety of all passengers and airport staff.https://t.co/qtFA4lTOVC— Hamad Int'l Airport (@HIAQatar) June 9, 2020
The airport issued an alert on its website, reminding passengers of the following things to remember when traveling through HIA:
- Passengers showing any of the following symptoms: fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, and loss of smell or taste are advised not to travel to the airport
- All traveling passengers must wear a face mask, without which access to the terminal building will be denied
- Passengers should follow the proper usage, replacement, and disposal of face masks.
- Passenger should ensure they carry a sufficient number of masks as well as alcohol-based hand sanitizing solutions for the duration of their journey
- Passengers are urged to follow personal hygiene and frequently sanitize their hands. A number of sanitizing stations have been set up throughout the terminal.
- Passengers are asked to arrive at the airport no more than three hours before their flight to be able to go through the required checks
- All passengers will undergo the thermal screening process at HIA
- Only traveling passengers will be permitted access into the terminal
- Passengers are urged to observe physical distancing requirements.
- Passengers are asked to follow the instructions provided by the airport staff and advice displayed through the signage and screens at the airport.
Here's some more information that might be helpful when traveling through HIA.
Last month, HIA announced that it will be using cutting-edge technologies including disinfectant robots and thermal imaging helmets as part of its safety measures to optimize the safety of passengers and staff.
Here's everything you need to know about the virus, including ways to protect yourself.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living