Qatar Airways to add eight new destinations to its network this year, says HE Al Baker
Aiming to expand its impressive network of 160 destinations around the world, the airlines will begin offering flights to eight new destinations this year, Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive, His Excellency Akbar Al Baker, unveiled at the Kuwait Aviation Show yesterday.
HE Al Baker called the Kuwait Aviation Show “the perfect platform” to announce the airlines’ exciting plans for 2020.
The eight new destinations to be part of the QA network this year will add to the recently announced gateways of Santorini, Greece; Dubrovnik, Croatia; and Osaka, Japan, HE Al Baker noted.
"Eight additional destinations to join the airline’s network in 2020: Nur-Sultan and Almaty, Kazakhstan; Cebu, Philippines; Accra, Ghana; Trabzon, Turkey; Luanda, Angola; Lyon, France and Siem Reap, Cambodia", said Qatar Airways GCEO H.E. Mr Akbar Al Baker https://t.co/vMZrltHJed pic.twitter.com/hqRH7S5Yf7— Qatar Airways (@qatarairways) January 15, 2020
“With these new routes, our operations will expand to 177 destinations around the world, reinforcing our position as one of the world’s most connected airlines,” he added.
Travelers from around the world can enjoy more varied travel options with Qatar Airways whether they are traveling for work or leisure.
According to the announcement the new destinations comprise the following:
- Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan – two weekly flights (starting from March 30)
- Almaty, Kazakhstan two weekly flights (starting from April 1). This will be increased to four weekly flights from May 25
- Cebu, The Philippines – three weekly flights (starting from April 8)
- Accra, Ghana – daily flights (starting from April 15)
- Trabzon, Turkey – three weekly flights (starting from May 20)
- Lyon, France – five weekly flights (starting from June 23)
- Luanda, Angola – four weekly flights (starting from October 14) and
- Siem Reap, Cambodia – five weekly flights (starting from November 16)
At the event, QA also displayed two of its aircraft that were most recently added to its fleet.
A multiple award-winning airline, Qatar Airways was recognized as the ‘Best Airline in the Middle East,’ ‘World’s Best Business Class’, and ‘Best Business Class Seat,’ among other honors by the world’s largest travel site, TripAdvisor.
With its fleet of over 250 aircraft, the airline offers flight to over 160 international destinations.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living